Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what's the best deal on diamond rings?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If I were a chick, I'd just want money to buy my own ring, or invest.

Or an SR-25 ACC. That would be a long weekend where I would have absolutely zero dignity for an ACC. All you would need is cowboy boots and a camelbak mule full of gatorade.

Otherwise I'd want a conflict diamond. Don't care who makes it, just as long as someone got shot with a FAL over it.

Feedback Score
    in some ways two nice bands no stones figure nice bands around $250 and put the rest into a home etc..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Pawn shop, plenty of them to be found there for really cheap- many to choose from as well.
    yeah cause that is what they are really worth in the end as a so called investment

Feedback Score
    Kinda off topic, but my wife and I have bought two sets of wedding rings, the first set when we got married in 1990, and the second set in 2006 at a midnight madness sale (diamond ring sets 75% off) the BX while stationed in Japan. Both sets combined cost us well under $1600 (I think we paid $350 of the first set).

I haven't worn a wedding ring for almost 8 years, since getting it caught in a fence gate and almost breaking my finger. Wife didn't really like it at first, but I told her all the times I'd been deployed and watched other guys doing their "what happens away from home stays away from home...", a dang ring doesn't stop anyone from messing around. Anyway, she stopped wearing hers a couple years ago. Nothing but a thing, really, and our marriage is as solid as ever after 27 years.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Pawn shop, plenty of them to be found there for really cheap- many to choose from as well.
    Yeah. I unloaded one in a pawn shop towards a Model 28 many years ago. Felt like a fool, but in retrospect it was a great idea. Unfortunately I traded the 28 off somewhere along the line.

Next ring I bought was better quality, as was the girl. It'll be 40 years this July.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Kinda off topic, but my wife and I have bought two sets of wedding rings, the first set when we got married in 1990, and the second set in 2006 at a midnight madness sale (diamond ring sets 75% off) the BX while stationed in Japan. Both sets combined cost us well under $1600 (I think we paid $350 of the first set).

I haven't worn a wedding ring for almost 8 years, since getting it caught in a fence gate and almost breaking my finger. Wife didn't really like it at first, but I told her all the times I'd been deployed and watched other guys doing their "what happens away from home stays away from home...", a dang ring doesn't stop anyone from messing around. Anyway, she stopped wearing hers a couple years ago. Nothing but a thing, really, and our marriage is as solid as ever after 27 years.
    hahahah we do not wear ours 20 and 30 year old fingers almost 20 years later are not the same size

I sailed worked on boats when we met so would never wear to work as I liked my fingers attached to my hands

saw they had silicone rings now nice cheap option that wont rip your fingers off for some work related jobs

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    In 1998 I obsessed over getting the best diamond I could afford. I bought from http://niceice.com I had the cut, color and clarity verified locally. The stone was shipped loose. The man who confirmed the 3 C's told me it was a beautiful stone and The price was excellent. I'm divorced now but she has a freaking beautiful diamond. I hope,she saves it for one of our three kids. I wanted an ideal cut 1 C diamond. I bought a .947 C stone. The price difference was significant and I could not tell the difference in size. The ring was a home run. Get a properly cut stone. The difference is Enormous. The ring will turn heads if it's cut right. Give them a look. Congratulations!

Back in the day I had to pay for access to their information. Looks wide open now. This stuff is new:

http://niceice.com/diamond-buying-se...hould-you-buy/
    Last edited by usmcvet; 03-22-17 at 21:40.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Similar here. Used a reputable local sales guy.

Find out what you want, price out comparables and go shopping. Buy registered diamonds. Don't get fooled by lighting. Recessed lighting will make shitty diamonds look great.
    Look at the stone loose. Not in a setting. Also they say stones are grade with a 10X loupe. I looked with a loupe and under a microscope at much higher power and I couldn't see the imperfections that were in the certificate.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    If it's an engagement ring, like a good rifle, buy something you'll be proud to hand down one day.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You could try Costco. Get the Executive membership and you get 2% back. They have GIA graded stones and guarantee (or at least they used to) that it will appraise for double what you paid. I bought my wife's ring there back in 2005 and it is now worth nearly 5 times what I paid. Depending on your budget, the local store can have rings from under $2000 to over $30,000.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast