Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele reaction rod

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    The only thing possibly better is if the reaction rod had a tab on top that would also hold the upper in place through the charging handle/ gas-key track
    Actually, the RR is better without this feature. The RR, as is, allows one to rotate the upper around while installing/un-installing rail hardware or items to the rails themselves.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Actually, the RR is better without this feature. The RR, as is, allows one to rotate the upper around while installing/un-installing rail hardware or items to the rails themselves.
    Agree. I love this tool for the ease of securing screws and what not to a rail.

C4

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    ^good point, I was only thinking of the ideal for assembly and disassembly of uppers, similar to the Bushmaster tool. I think I read somewhere they would charge $400 if they ever sold them.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The only thing possibly better is if the reaction rod had a tab on top that would also hold the upper in place through the charging handle/ gas-key track
    Dave at DMW has been making this tool for years. I'm not sure you would need engagement at both the barrel extension and key way.

AR15 Barrel Tool

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    Dave at DMW has been making this tool for years. I'm not sure you would need engagement at both the barrel extension and key way.

AR15 Barrel Tool
    Does that tool interface with the barrel extension lugs?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    He can't reply. Banned.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    From the picture it doesn't appear that it does, which totally defeats the purpose, and in effect doing exactly the same thing as the clamshell method, which is holding the receiver, not the barrel extension, in place.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Definitely holds the barrel extension lugs, not the receiver.

Feedback Score
    I was looking for some replacement mag springs today and look what I came across...

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG536/misc

C4IGrant, have you seen this? Looks like it has the top tab for inside the receiver that some find desirable. Obviously the Geiselle RR is much beefier and I have no regrets I purchased it but at half the price this might be great for someone only doing an occasional barrel change out.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swatdude1 View Post
    I was looking for some replacement mag springs today and look what I came across...

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG536/misc

C4IGrant, have you seen this? Looks like it has the top tab for inside the receiver that some find desirable. Obviously the Geiselle RR is much beefier and I have no regrets I purchased it but at half the price this might be great for someone only doing an occasional barrel change out.
    Yep and ordered some. Looks like a good idea and can't wait to get my hands on one.

C4

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast