Page 50 of 140 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KintlaLake View Post
    Thanks, Rob, for all your work on The Chart.

I remember reading that you'd planned to up the M&P 15's street price to $1,000, as reflected in the latest version of The Chart. FYI, at walk-up retail dealers here in central Ohio, I can't find an advertised price higher than $899, with $869 on the low end.

Gander Mtn ($1,299) notwithstanding...
    I can't chase the prices all over the country unfortunately. All I have to go on is my local shops and gunsamerica. If enough people come back and tell me that they're seeing lower prices I'll have to reconsider.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Their bolts do come with the o-ring which should help alleviate some of the concern in this department.
    Mine did not. My 14.5 N4 low profile full rifle came with a short spring/blue insert and no o-ring. The $2 it cost me to change that didn't bother me in the least.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by b_saan View Post
    Mine did not. My 14.5 N4 low profile full rifle came with a short spring/blue insert and no o-ring. The $2 it cost me to change that didn't bother me in the least.
    Interesting.

For now I'm just leaving the chart with a "1" in that column as John has told me that he will swap the inserts upon request.

Frankly, of all the things on the chart, the color of the insert would be the least of my concerns on an otherwise properly functioning rifle, but for our purposes here I believe I have the right information for the chart itself.

Feedback Score
    I can't chase the prices all over the country unfortunately.
    Of course not -- I'm just sayin'. I may have an M&P 15 in my safe, but I have no dog in this fight.
    KintlaLake
    KintlaLake Blog

"Blasphemy is an epithet bestowed by superstition upon common sense." (Robert Green Ingersoll)

Feedback Score
    Rob,
    I hate to bug you, but could you add a "X" for us in the "MPI Barrel" column?
    Thanks,
    Michael Kassnar
    President, K.B.I., Inc.

Feedback Score

LMT

Rob, I hate to bug you to, but...
    On the LMT line it says M16 bolt, with MPI, HPT, Shot peened bolt, etc. Is that for the AR15 bolt also? That is what my upper came with. I did notice that the carrier key was staked really good.

Also can you tell me where the "F" mark is located on the FSB???

Thanks for your time!
    If you want God To smile, Tell him your plans....

Member, Force Recon Association
    HR 218 Certified
    Former USMC 0311/8654

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Daly View Post
    Rob,
    I hate to bug you, but could you add a "X" for us in the "MPI Barrel" column?
    Thanks,
    The next time I post the chart it will be there. I'm waiting on a couple more bits of info to come in as confirmations and then it will be re-posted.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Rob, I hate to bug you to, but...
    On the LMT line it says M16 bolt, with MPI, HPT, Shot peened bolt, etc. Is that for the AR15 bolt also? That is what my upper came with. I did notice that the carrier key was staked really good.

Also can you tell me where the "F" mark is located on the FSB???

Thanks for your time!
    How did you get an AR15 LMT bolt? Did it come with the gun or you bought it separately.

The "F" may actually not be a mark as some don't mark them. what's more important is that it is the correct height. I'll make a change to the chart to be more clear when I repost it next.

Feedback Score
    How did you get an AR15 LMT bolt? Did it come with the gun or you bought it separately.

The "F" may actually not be a mark as some don't mark them. what's more important is that it is the correct height. I'll make a change to the chart to be more clear when I repost it next.
    I bought the complete upper and it came with the AR15 bolt carrier and a rear sight on it.... Thats why I asked the question. If LMT does not make AR15 bolt, I may need to get hold of someone and get the right one ordered. I don't have the upper right now I had to send it to DD to get an Omega rail problem fixed.

Thanks
    If you want God To smile, Tell him your plans....

Member, Force Recon Association
    HR 218 Certified
    Former USMC 0311/8654

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    I bought the complete upper and it came with the AR15 bolt carrier and a rear sight on it.... Thats why I asked the question. If LMT does not make AR15 bolt, I may need to get hold of someone and get the right one ordered. I don't have the upper right now I had to send it to DD to get an Omega rail problem fixed.

Thanks
    They do list a semi-auto bolt carrier group. Just not sure why someone would opt for one. I take it you bought a complete "built" upper from someone with a BCG, rail, charging handle, etc?

Page 50 of 140 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast