Page 54 of 212 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: HK new striker fired pistol VP9! Pics inside!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    If noone has done so this time around may not be any different unfortunately. I'd love to be wrong though.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    If it does happen, I'm more hoping it will be a quality company like Mec Gar (yeah, I love me some Mec Gar) as opposed to Pro Mag or the likes.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    If it does happen, I'm more hoping it will be a quality company like Mec Gar (yeah, I love me some Mec Gar) as opposed to Pro Mag or the likes.
    no argument here. I'd love to see 25 dollar or less p30 mags.

That aside I intended on the vp9 being my first step in the HK realm thanks to this thread but I decided I couldn't wait and put a p2000 on order. stupid...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    This is all pure speculation, I highly doubt H&K will outsource mag production... Let's just hope they had enough foresight to ramp up mag production in advancec

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    no argument here. I'd love to see 25 dollar or less p30 mags.

That aside I intended on the vp9 being my first step in the HK realm thanks to this thread but I decided I couldn't wait and put a p2000 on order. stupid...

That's OK.. There's nothing wrong with the P-2000, it's probably one of the best CCW's HK makes.. I've got a P2k, light LEM (LEM version of the P-2000 is kinda hard to find at times) But it's a nice little pistol, carrys very well. Only piece of advice I could give you is, if you got a DA/SA version coming, Give it 6-700rnds to smooth out, it will, won't be the best DA pull in the world but quite useable..I figured this out with my HK45t, the DA pull on it was gritty, hard.. But about 6-700rnds later, it smoothed up nicely, I installed a #12 hammer spring for a USP in it, which reduced the pull slightly, and now it's very useable.. other than switching a detent plate to make the safety lever into a decocker, I'm not going to change a thing on it...
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    P2000 is the best of the hammer 9s in my opinion. Reasonably sized and unkillable.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    P2000 is the best of the hammer 9s in my opinion. Reasonably sized and unkillable.
    Out of all my Hk's, strangely, my P2000 has the most remarkable smoothness. Sure the DA is heavy but there is absolutely no grit or mechanical grind in the trigger or slide movement. I have no explanation for it. It's smooth like a custom fit 1911 lubed with unicorn tears. Whatever they do on that assembly line, it's remarkable. It's as smooth today after several thousand rounds as it was the day I bought it.

I understand why the P2000 has the cult following it has within Hk owners.
    In celebration of Ramadan, I'll be eating Pork all month. You're Welcome.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvee View Post
    Out of all my Hk's, strangely, my P2000 has the most remarkable smoothness. Sure the DA is heavy but there is absolutely no grit or mechanical grind in the trigger or slide movement. I have no explanation for it. It's smooth like a custom fit 1911 lubed with unicorn tears. Whatever they do on that assembly line, it's remarkable. It's as smooth today after several thousand rounds as it was the day I bought it.

I understand why the P2000 has the cult following it has within Hk owners.
    I've noticed that as well.. My P2k LEM is really smooth, smoother than my HK45ct,LEM, It's a keeper...
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    This is all pure speculation, I highly doubt H&K will outsource mag production... Let's just hope they had enough foresight to ramp up mag production in advancec
    It's H&K. Remember how long it's taken to get P30 magazines in regularly?

I have to ask though. Not particularly outsourcing, but do the aftermarket mag makers like Mec Gar and Promag (example, don't beat me up) need "permission" to create a compatible magazine? As long as it's not a direct copy of the original, it shouldn't be a problem, right?
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    I too really like my P2000 9mm (DA/SA)---the trigger is actually pretty good---so is my P30S trigger---not nearly as bad as its been written about. My 45C is pretty stiff on DA, but very usable SA…
    I think the P2000 is a great carry pistol---not super small, but just right-sized especially in a Galco Concealable model holster...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Quality Assurance don't mean jack. It's their Quality Control you need to be concerned with
    Are you aware that Quality Control is just one part (task) of Quality Assurance process? In good QA process QC happens on every stage of manufacturing process, versus "traditional" approach with QC on end product only. In HK they do QC on every component in every stage. I've seen gauges used and QC sheets filled on every working station, when I had a tour of HK plant in Oberndorf. There is of course last stage of QC on completed product (this "product acceptance" QC is final verification if QA process worked as it should), when every firearm made is inspected, shot with proof rounds, shot for function, shot for RoF (full auto capable products), shot for accuracy and zeroed.

What I found to be one of most amazing examples of HK approach to quality was one machine that was doing nothing. It was switched off. I was told that this is cutting edge, computer controlled, laser guided barrel straightening station. I asked, why it is off. Answer was, that it is not used, because human still can do this better, and even with workers who can do barrel straightening are one of highest earning people in company and work only 15 minutes for every hour, they will keep their job, until machine will be able to it's job better than they do it every single time. So far machine still has rejects, that do not pass QC.

I have eye for such things, as implementing QA systems is part of services my company does (we specialize in ITC, but fundamentals are same).
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Page 54 of 212 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast