Thread: Got Testosterone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    I broke my big toe pretty badly last week (much different from breaking other toes) in a fall at work that I don't think should've broken it. At the orthopedist they had posters encouraging osteoporosis/bone density tests of you have certain risk factors, including age and low test and bone breaks. I'm over the listed age, I suspect low T, and obviously have the bone break. When I go back for follow-up I will ask about testing. My primary care doc tested me a few years ago at my request, and told me I was within normal range. I don't remember the number but I suspect it was low end of the range and only looked at total T.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4C View Post
    I broke my big toe pretty badly last week (much different from breaking other toes) in a fall at work that I don't think should've broken it. At the orthopedist they had posters encouraging osteoporosis/bone density tests of you have certain risk factors, including age and low test and bone breaks. I'm over the listed age, I suspect low T, and obviously have the bone break. When I go back for follow-up I will ask about testing. My primary care doc tested me a few years ago at my request, and told me I was within normal range. I don't remember the number but I suspect it was low end of the range and only looked at total T.
    Per above, always ask for a copy of the labs, and get at least total T, free T, and estradiol tested. Some docs who know what thy are doing (very rare as it applies to TRT/HRT...) will also test SHBGs. If they will not, find a doc with a clue or do it yourself:

https://www.lifeextension.com/lab-te...nel-blood-test

Of course bone density/poor bone density can be caused by other things too, but healthy hormones are essential.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”