Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 LastLast

Thread: CZ P-07

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    there was a guy over on the cz forum that found out the hammer rubs the left side of the frame on the inside. He pulled the hammer and stoned the left side of it and the left side of the frame where the hammer rides and noticed it cleaned up the trigger pull some. that could be where you are finding your grittiness.

i have the p07 and the p09 and am now researching outfitting the p09 with a trijicon rmr for a fun competition gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know that guy. Did a thorough polishing of that area and got rid of the rubbing on the left side. SLIGHT improvement. Still way too much stacking. However, after MUCH slow and deliberate DA dry firing (and shooting), it is starting to feel better.

Some P07s just have bad triggers. Ask CGW. I do have a SR kit on the way from them, and hopefully this with an 18 LB spring will do the rest of the trick.

I DO think the P07 ergoes are optimum for shooting - especially two handed. The grip is slim, which allows your support hand to get excellent contact on the frame - helps control DA. IF the DA could be light and smooth on this gun - it would move from good to superb. We will see.

Cons: Slide release still makes you shift your hand, unless you have long thumbs. Decocker also gets in the way of this. Of course, training to release with the support hand after mag insertion gets around this and keeps you acting toward the target.

Best slide release in the business is the P99. It is perfection.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Here you go:

https://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=66147.0

I've taken the jump and these are the very best shooting polymer framed, hammer fired pistols after a little bit of work. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Here you go:

I've taken the jump and these are the very best shooting polymer framed, hammer fired pistols after a little bit of work. Period.

Quite awesome.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Quite awesome.
    David (Schmeky) on the CZ Forum, and owner of CGW is one of the best I know at communicating "how to instruction" on the CZ's. He is usually available to discuss tuning, and what best to use for all the CZ pistols. He is a wealth of knowledge, and a good guy.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    David (Schmeky) on the CZ Forum, and owner of CGW is one of the best I know at communicating "how to instruction" on the CZ's. He is usually available to discuss tuning, and what best to use for all the CZ pistols. He is a wealth of knowledge, and a good guy.
    I'm not in a spot that makes sense to change my carry setup but if I was this would be the top contender. I really like what they've done with this stuff.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Here you go:

Stick to pages 1,2 and 7 to start. Lots of miscellaneous stuff in the 14 pages.

BTW: I think to make the decocker convertible they had to put the decocker in reverse of the P01. So they made the slide release huge to hit it with the off hand thumb after reload as you bring it back on target. Unless you have orangutan thumbs you have to shift your grip too much.

These triggers can become slicker than snot. Polishing, firing, and dry firing can be amazing. Likely the most important polishing is the REAR of the trigger bar (p.7).

My earliest one is so smooth it’s amazing.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I release the slide with my support hand thumb as I reestablish grip after a reload. Little far for me to hit with the dominate thumb but doesn't slow me down much. Gathering quite the polymer collection of cz's. P07, p09, and now an sp01 phantom. All have been cajun gun works equiped.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    I release the slide with my support hand thumb as I reestablish grip after a reload. Little far for me to hit with the dominate thumb but doesn't slow me down much. Gathering quite the polymer collection of cz's. P07, p09, and now an sp01 phantom. All have been cajun gun works equiped.
    I was about to purchase a Phantom. Then I realized it was a lot more complex than the Omega pistols but it felt phenomenal. I will circle back to one, however.

"CZ, the New H&K"

That's true for me!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Stick to pages 1,2 and 7 to start. Lots of miscellaneous stuff in the 14 pages.

BTW: I think to make the decocker convertible they had to put the decocker in reverse of the P01. So they made the slide release huge to hit it with the off hand thumb after reload as you bring it back on target. Unless you have orangutan thumbs you have to shift your grip too much.

These triggers can become slicker than snot. Polishing, firing, and dry firing can be amazing. Likely the most important polishing is the REAR of the trigger bar (p.7).

My earliest one is so smooth it’s amazing.
    Yeah, I cut and pasted the pertinent info into a Word document then .pdf'd it.

Thanks for the heads up!

Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 LastLast