Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Steroids and Blood Doping for LEO/Mil/Competitive Shooters

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    Go ahead and take steroids. When your dick goes limp come on back here and tell us about it.
    Another well-informed post
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer."
    — Frank Zappa

If the gun goes dry I use my knife. If the knife breaks off I use my teeth. I have only one rule - Start one job and see it through - The universe will have to offer someone else the leftovers. Multi tasking doesn't work in business or in gunfighting.
    - Michael de Bethencourt

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    administrative hasstle would outweigh any potential benefits.

That because it's soo tied up in nonessential bullshit as it is.It's designed that way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Umm, I'm confused. How do performance enhancing drugs and gender reassignment surgery have anything to do with each other? Or are you just trying to be antagonistic and insulting?
    I agree with steroid use and I am all for it. What I meant to say its funny how the government doesnt want us to be healthy as we can, perform better, or be better at something cause they think hormones are bad and should be illegal to a man wanting to build a better body. But if you want to destroy your body with a sex change you can have all the hormones you want some that bodybuilders would use and they would give them to you legally. Though no doctor would think of giving them to you for enhancement. And even getting TRT is hard. Not insulting anyone just the government-fda-whoever decides what schedule drugs are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stifled View Post
    While, like most drugs, steroids can be and are used responsibly, I would be worried giving them to soldiers for one primary reason: the roid raging psychopath stereotype. While this is an unfair representation, I'd be concerned that if a soldier who was using steroids got involved in a fire fight and in the heat of things accidentally shot a civilian who looked like they had a weapon, or anything else happened that could potentially call their judgment into question... would the steroid use be held against them?

The military not using these drugs, at least apparently not, makes me wonder if super soldier programs are real or if science fiction movies have been lying to me for 40 years.
    Doesnt the airforce still issue "go pills" Some sort of ampehtamine. Or did they stop that?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nhskull21 View Post
    Doesnt the airforce still issue "go pills" Some sort of ampehtamine. Or did they stop that?
    Probably modafinil. Not an amphetamine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Yes. However, if missed for extended periods of time, there's going to be a lag time where the HPTA is suppressed and normal production of T returns, and that length and suppression depends on the three Ds. There are drugs that will prevent the HPTA suppression, but that's now another drug one would have to deal with, and poly pharmacy adds complications, costs, etc.

Generally yes. They may counteract the negative effects of being malnourished, but data as it applies directly to conditions face by mil populations is lacking. You may find a post I put up a while back on the effects of training, etc on hormones as they apply to mil interesting, albeit not a perfect fit to the topic at hand:

Effects of Training on Hormones: mil specific

Off the top of my head, AAS can increase bleeding time, which is why people are taken off them prior to surgeries, may alter effects of Coumadin, etc. From one write up:

"The heart drug Cordarone (amiodarone), the ulcer drug Tagamet (cimetidine), anabolic steroids such as Anadrol-50 (oxymetholone) and antibiotics such as Biaxin (clarithromycin), erythromycin or tetracycline can also make bleeding more hazardous for people on Coumadin"

Some AAS appear to have differing effects on that, and I think data is lacking in terms of specific recs.
    This. The heightened blood pressure may have an affect of the bleeding issue. Also if if taken during surgery or post surgery antibiotics counter the effects of steroids. So while there fighting off steroids they could not be fully focused on fighting infection. Also some steroids strengthen the ammune system, some weaken it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    Go ahead and take steroids. When your dick goes limp come on back here and tell us about it.
    Useless waste of bandwidth.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kartoffel View Post
    Probably modafinil. Not an amphetamine.
    I recall it was for fighter pilots maybe pilots in general, dont remember the name. Though I could of sworn it was an amphetamine. There also was a scene in a mike moore movie where some US fighter pilots shot some friendly ground force and blamed it on there "go pills" Some kind of dextroamphetamine maybe? I havent seen it in awhile.

Feedback Score
    I never used steroids but special supplements like protein, omega, l-carnitin, etc. But most of guys at my gym take steroids and I must confess their results are way better than mine, some of them taking growth hormones 10+ years and they say they're okay with it. I guess everything depends on right dosage and cycle of consuming of HGH, if not abused everything will be ok. I am currently reading some info how HGH impacts weight loss ( here http://genf20plus.info/weight-loss-hgh.php ), I think I will consult a doctor, too, and ask for his opinion.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nhskull21 View Post
    I agree with steroid use and I am all for it. What I meant to say its funny how the government doesnt want us to be healthy as we can, perform better, or be better at something cause they think hormones are bad and should be illegal to a man wanting to build a better body. But if you want to destroy your body with a sex change you can have all the hormones you want some that bodybuilders would use and they would give them to you legally. Though no doctor would think of giving them to you for enhancement. And even getting TRT is hard. Not insulting anyone just the government-fda-whoever decides what schedule drugs are.
    TRT is steroids. Don't let the name or the commercialization fool you.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast