Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W Shield Coming in 45 ACP!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slowlowmiata View Post
    Having shot an xds in 9 and 45 and owning a 9 shield already I wouldn't buy a 45. I'm very happy with modern ammo in my 9mm shield

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I have an XDs in 45 and I don't find the recoild bad at all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Okay Andre the giant....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I won't be buying one. Recoil of a light, tiny .45acp is not pleasant. I'll stick with my 9mm Shield.
    I agree. I've fired a Kahr 45 which is a compact polymer single stack 45, and no thanks. Not a pleasant experience.

Considering that the difference in performance of 9mm and 45ACP is really minimal, what's the niche this gun fills?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    what's the niche this gun fills?
    People who want a subcompact .45

I don't get why this is such a concept. The market for this exists. Like is it really that confusing a major OEM would release a subcompact handgun in one of the top 3 service calibers?
    Last edited by tacticaldesire; 05-23-16 at 07:01.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    The market for a subcompact .45 exists mostly due to the fact that people who want them or "swear by" the .45 round is rife with the uneducated and the relatively inexperienced. 9mm is the new gold standard round for ccw and defense and it has been for years. If you like .45, buy a 1911. Otherwise, meh...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisreedrules View Post
    The market for a subcompact .45 exists mostly due to the fact that people who want them or "swear by" the .45 round is rife with the uneducated and the relatively inexperienced. 9mm is the new gold standard round for ccw and defense and it has been for years. If you like .45, buy a 1911. Otherwise, meh...
    While I probably would have phrased it a bit more diplomatically, I think this is essentially accurate. Unless it's a gun designed around and is the most reliable with the .45, like the 1911, there simply isn't a need for it. It's like carrying a SAA, sure it will work, but it certainly isn't the most logical choice.....but then again I don't always make the most logical decisions either.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi391 View Post
    While I probably would have phrased it a bit more diplomatically, I think this is essentially accurate. Unless it's a gun designed around and is the most reliable with the .45, like the 1911, there simply isn't a need for it. It's like carrying a SAA, sure it will work, but it certainly isn't the most logical choice.....but then again I don't always make the most logical decisions either.
    Although "on paper" it's not a gun that makes much sense compared to other offerings (for reasons already covered by others); having choices is a good thing and there are far worse choice (e.g., Judge, etc) out there, so all good I figure. It would not be on my short list however.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    While I highly doubt this would replace my Shield in 9mm for CCW, at least S&W is at least trying to be innovative and bring new stuff to an all ready saturated market. But I will be curious if it suffers the same lack luster response that the G36 seems to have suffered in terms of having a limited following.

Like Will stated above, choices are good.

Feedback Score
    I was actually surprised at how controllable the G36 was. I think it is easier to hit with and easier to control than any 3.5 inch 1911 I have ever shot.

Still not sure I want a Shield 45, though.

People will buy it, even if it is hard to control. People buy tiny Glocks in 357 and 10mm you know! LOL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    I was actually surprised at how controllable the G36 was. I think it is easier to hit with and easier to control than any 3.5 inch 1911 I have ever shot.

Still not sure I want a Shield 45, though.

People will buy it, even if it is hard to control. People buy tiny Glocks in 357 and 10mm you know! LOL
    Agreed. The 30 and 36 shoot way better than they should for a gun their size, and the Shield 45 may very well be the same way, just have to wait and see.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast