Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help! Need Grip Options for HK45c!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Try this stuff:Walther Heat Shrink Dermagrip (scroll down to nearly the bottom of the page)

Pic with part numbers

It just slips on then you hit it with a heat gun and it shrinks to fit. It is very grippy and durable. I am surprised that it is relatively unknown as an alternative to stippling or skateboard tape, but it works really well. I had it on a USP45 and have it for my HK45C (traded the USP and some other gear for it), but haven't had a chance to install it yet. It works great on my P99 and G19.

The link I provided is Earl's, who is pretty well known for Walther stuff and is the only place I know of to buy it. For $25, you aren't risking much if you don't like it since you just cut it off with a razor blade and no damage or adhesive, etc.
    Last edited by interfan; 02-18-13 at 00:01.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by interfan View Post
    Try this stuff:Walther Heat Shrink Dermagrip (scroll down to nearly the bottom of the page)

Pic with part numbers

It just slips on then you hit it with a heat gun and it shrinks to fit. It is very grippy and durable. I am surprised that it is relatively unknown as an alternative to stippling or skateboard tape, but it works really well. I had it on a USP45 and have it for my HK45C (traded the USP and some other gear for it), but haven't had a chance to install it yet. It works great on my P99 and G19.

The link I provided is Earl's, who is pretty well known for Walther stuff and is the only place I know of to buy it. For $25, you aren't risking much if you don't like it since you just cut it off with a razor blade and no damage or adhesive, etc.
    How much thickness does that add?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by interfan View Post

Pic with part numbers

BOOM! this is ****ing perfect! i remember this from my PPQ days, supposed to be AMAZING stuff. and stays put. hmmmm would LOVE to see a pic of the actual product

EDITED found pics:

Last edited by azeriosu85; 02-18-13 at 00:21.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Do it!!!!

The glock 30 is fantastic!! 30sf even better!

The 30s looks good but haven't seen enough on it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jman4427 View Post
    How much thickness does that add?
    Negligible. It has the same thickness as heat shrink tubing for electronics or car wiring, but with texture, so we are only talking fractions of a millimeter. It isn't like the slip-on rubber grips that add bulk and slip or start to move around once they get used a bit. This doesn't move once it is shrunk to the frame with heat.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I see Brookstactical.com now has a cutout for the HK45c in it's "A-Grip" material.

ETA: These are some of the HK "USP" pistols from his gallery

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Also interfan can you install that on your HK45c and take some pics and post it here? i believe they would be the only pics online of that setup and would be VERY helpful

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Hackathorn
    We both agreed that the grip circumference of the standard first generation grip, the one that they now have on the Compact which was the P2000 grip is what we wanted. We wanted guys with smaller hands to run this gun and for traction, let’s face it, they can fix that with skateboard tape.
    Source: http://pistol-training.com/articles/...-larry-vickers

Grip tape works fine, IME. I use 3M Safety Walk.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Source: http://pistol-training.com/articles/...-larry-vickers

Grip tape works fine, IME. I use 3M Safety Walk.
    any pics of a HK45c with skate tape or 3M tape on it? i would like to see some examples if you know of any, my google-fu came up weak on it

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    As much as I love the 45C there are two things about it I hate.

#1 is the one step too short rail to utilize and X 300 series light.

#2 The ridiculously smooth frame. Even under normal range conditions it's lacking in traction. Let alone in a situation where you've got blood, water, or sweat on your hands.

I was at least able to solve problem #2. I've yet to figure a solid solution to problem #1.

Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast