Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bobro or LaRue?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I haven't had an opportunity to use a Bobro mount however, I have used a lot of LaRue mounts. I have never had the first problem with the quality of any of the LaRue products I have ever used. They have always been rock solid.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE

LaRue Mount

[/QUOTE]

Your mount's backwards

MBR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MBRMan View Post
    Your mount's backwards

MBR
    Are you sure? Maybe he's a lefty and wants the throw lever on the outboard side.

And to the OP's question, Bobro. Rock solid, repeatable mounts. No adjustment necessary
    nor any means provided. Its simply not required. Bobro mounts auto compensate for rail
    tolerances. Even weaver rail compatible ( if that matters to you ). Auto index, meaning the
    mount auto locates in the direction of recoil in the t-slot. The bases can be reversed to
    place the throw lever on either side of the weapon. Throw levers can also be reversed to
    face either forward or rearward.

Not to mention stellar support from one heck of a nice guy.

Jason G Trusty
    GEAR SECTOR™
    www.gearsector.com
    1-877-556-GEAR ( Toll Free )
    1-219-406-5795 ( Direct )

Feedback Score
    BOBRO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrusty View Post
    Are you sure? Maybe he's a lefty and wants the throw lever on the outboard side.

HMMM...Yea, I'm pretty sure backwards is backwards whether done intentionally or not.

MBR

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    not trying to hijack, but since the two companies are the topic of conversation...which VFG would you choose, Bobro or LaRue?
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated21R View Post
    not trying to hijack, but since the two companies are the topic of conversation...which VFG would you choose, Bobro or LaRue?
    BOBRO SHORT Vertical Fore Grip w/ SACL

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've got two Larue mounts w/M3's. GTG so far. Larue has good CS. The Bobro came out after the above purchases and I haven't needed another mount till now. The Bobro looks solid and is gaining a good repuatation.

I just picked up a fire sale 6920 and I think a H/T 1 is going on it. If Bobro gets their mount out on the market by winter, I'll give them a try.

Either way, I think your headed in the right direction. Decision time.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Haven't owned any Bobro, but I have a couple Larue accessories on my AR. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Read great things about both. I bought a LT-129, was pleased with their service and product quality, and never thought to go with a different company.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by curriek View Post
    Haven't owned any Bobro, but I have a couple Larue accessories on my AR. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Read great things about both. I bought a LT-129, was pleased with their service and product quality, and never thought to go with a different company.
    FWIW most if not all people with no experience with Bobro prefer LaRue.....just sayin'.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast