Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Beck's NFA rules

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostly View Post
    I don't think you can definitively call one an idiot for misunderstanding the NFA. Perhaps you could make the argument one is misinformed or ignorant.

I really don't see the purpose of this thread. Is it to try to make somebody look bad? To make you seem smarter? I would think it would be more productive to look up actual text and link the forum to it or better yet, comment in the news article to point unsuspecting potential NFA owners in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I forgot the link which I have now posted two posts above yours and in the original post.. Watch the video it should be self explanatory.

Glenn is a powerful voice that among his other endeavors is a big 2A proponent. Yet he seems way off base with his understandings of NFA. That's not good for our side and one would then question his other reasoning and conclusions based on his data. It's bad enough that Liberals don't understand how things work. After all... he is -teaching- right wingers about gun ownership and NFA regulations.

Claims he can't shoot his $25K auto because the paperwork is too complicated and he might go to jail. Although I used it as a figure of speech, I'm not sure "idiot" is such a strong word in that instance. Especially when he has a staff of lawyers, researchers, producers, etc. for the show AND his personal involvement. Also if I were to handle Glenns full auto rifle I could go to jail. That's what he was teaching. Youtube is loaded with Glenn Beck 2nd amendment vids. We sure don't need him as the face of right wing gun ownership if he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I stumbled on his vid by accident and after watching it all I thought was oh jeeze, that's the best we've got in the media?

If I wanted to make myself look smarter than someone, I would start with a third grader... ok, maybe second grade.
    Last edited by tb-av; 11-14-17 at 00:00.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Everybody makes mistakes. 50x times a day people come into the store and say something wrong about guns. I don't bother to correct them most of the time unless it will cause them harm or put them in peril of the law. The measure of a man is not being wrong or right, but how he reacts when he is corrected, and how he corrects others. Same went with my fellow educators before I retired.

As far as Glenn goes, he does a lot of good for many people. I am glad we have him on our side, even if he is incorrect sometimes.

As far as ego goes...The only stones I have to throw are ones that were thrown at me. I am ok not picking them up.
    “Do you know what happens when you slice a golf ball in half? Someone gets mad at you. I found this out the hard way.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I forgot the link which I have now posted two posts above yours and in the original post.. Watch the video it should be self explanatory.

Glenn is a powerful voice that among his other endeavors is a big 2A proponent. Yet he seems way off base with his understandings of NFA. That's not good for our side and one would then question his other reasoning and conclusions based on his data. It's bad enough that Liberals don't understand how things work. After all... he is -teaching- right wingers about gun ownership and NFA regulations.

Claims he can't shoot his $25K auto because the paperwork is too complicated and he might go to jail. Although I used it as a figure of speech, I'm not sure "idiot" is such a strong word in that instance. Especially when he has a staff of lawyers, researchers, producers, etc. for the show AND his personal involvement. Also if I were to handle Glenns full auto rifle I could go to jail. That's what he was teaching. Youtube is loaded with Glenn Beck 2nd amendment vids. We sure don't need him as the face of right wing gun ownership if he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I stumbled on his vid by accident and after watching it all I thought was oh jeeze, that's the best we've got in the media?

If I wanted to make myself look smarter than someone, I would start with a third grader... ok, maybe second grade.
    I get that he was wrong. That doesn't make him an idiot. I'm trying to figure out why you made a thread to highlight somebody else's inaccuracies and call them an idiot. See my post again and rather than highlighting inaccuracies and name-calling, be productive.

Feedback Score
    But did he cry?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I wish I could find the transcripts(used to be online) but prior to the 2008 election he was playing up McCain's strong points stating that he had always been pro 2nd Amendment, which was obviously false with even a casual review of McCain's activities by that point.

While it might be a pure mistake, with someone in his position, it might not be a good idea to immediately pass it off as folly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dumber than a box of rocks.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKS-74U View Post
    But did he cry?
    lol

Just because someone's intentions are good doesn't mean they're helping. And if your job is to inform and teach your viewers, then learn your subject matter. It's bad enough that the anti 2A crowd don't understand gun laws, but now the pro 2A as well? Talk about a cluster****...
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I get that he was wrong. That doesn't make him an idiot. I'm trying to figure out why you made a thread to highlight somebody else's inaccuracies and call them an idiot. See my post again and rather than highlighting inaccuracies and name-calling, be productive.

Seriously? Why don't you read my post and notice I called myself an idiot as well. As I stated it was a figure of speech. Why don't you be productive and answer my question. Is Glenn Beck correct? Is the paper work for a full auto so complex that one must fear jail time for even firing the weapon. Are the rules such that if he had handed that weapon to an audience member they may be subject to jail time?

I have read the rules and regs. I have read countless posts on this forum and others regarding NFA. I have read letters from NFA. I've never heard what Glenn is talking about. Thus I asked... Is he an idiot or am I... if you can't see that the word idiot was figure of speech even after I tell you that is how it was intended, then it's probably best you simply stop reading this thread. If I had glen Becks audience and team of professionals I can assure I would have used different terms. In the context of this thread I see no reason the be PC in my grammar.

Granted I left the link out which made my post sound stupid. I get that. I have no issues with being wrong. I have no issues with being "that guy". I do have issues with high profile people representing the 2A and gun ownership cause when they are grossly wrong about certain things as I feel Glenn is in this case.

Several of you seem to think this is an attack on Glenn but presents himself as the great learned one. The enlightened. So my point being that if he is indeed grossly wrong, how to we expect to fully and truly educate 'our side' --- ( reference Hillary, Ralph Northam re: us against them ).

At the end of the day, all we have is education in preserving the 2A. Not only do our teachers need to be correct and in step, but we then need to educate our side and win over their side.

I had someone say to me the other day after the Texas massacre.. "They are going to take our guns".... Viet Nam combat vet -- real combat.. not just present but gun fighting in combat. He has actually said to me "I don't know why anyone needs an AR-15"

I have family members... "Let's go shooting" "I can see their point on assault weapons"

So you are welcome to correct my grammar. Others and yourself are welcome to claim I'm attacking and throwing the first stone. However, in my world, the way I see it, we have a massive battle of education and mis-education going on in our nation and the odds are not in our favor.

I'm not writing a book. I saw a video. Thought it was going to be good. It wasn't... imo. It was the same old half baked mix of fact and fiction.

If it makes you feel better though, I will gladly retract the term idiot and replace it with this..... Glenn has forever refereed to himself as a Rodeo Clown.

So why don't you watch that video and answer my question. Am I being an idiot with regard to full auto NFA rules based on his comments or is Glenn Beck still doing his Rodeo Clown act in this specific video?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Perhaps you could make the argument one is misinformed or ignorant.
    OK. That argument has obviously been made concerning the actor in the video.

You would think that someone who spent $20,000+ on an NFA item, and waited upwards of a year to take possession of it, would know a little bit more about the law concerning them. Calling them pieces of crap, supposedly to get his audience's attention, is just a clown show and is demeaning to those listening.

What the main cause for concern is Beck speaks from a pulpit, and many will drink the Kool-Aid and blindly believe what he has to say. As with the far Left, the point to be made is many times more important than researching the issue for the facts.

It would be better, in my humble opinion, if he would never say another word concerning gun rights.
    Last edited by darr3239; 11-14-17 at 14:03.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    I speak as someone who used to be a Glenn Beck fan until the 2016 campaign. During that time he proved himself to be an obsessive, arrogant megalomaniac with delusions of being some sort of prophet (read some of his writings or listen to some of his speeches about Ted Cruz being a savior in some Mormon theological fantasy).

He liked to couch his steadfast obsession with defeating Donald Trump as being "good for the country", yet early on I detected that there must have been some sort of slight (like Trump spurning his invitations for an interview, for example). Beck literally harmed his own brand and nearly bankrupted and destroyed his own company to go against the will of a huge chunk of his audience. He actually implied in a few of his little speeches that we would be better off with Hillary than Trump. Now, I realize a lot of people have good reasons for not liking Trump, but giving the impression we would be better off with Hillary is just crazy talk for a conservative host who depends on right-leaning people in his audience.

That is the behavior of someone with a mental illness associated with an unhealthy fixation. I don't know the medical term but nearly bankrupting yourself to "get" someone is certainly not the behavior of a sane, rational person.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 11-14-17 at 14:15.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast