Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: SLR Rifleworks Sentry 7 setscrew adjustable gas block review

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Where are you guys getting a roll pin to pin the block to the barrel? And what size did you go with?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by para13cord View Post
    Where are you guys getting a roll pin to pin the block to the barrel? And what size did you go with?
    I use 1/8" Dowel Pins

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

To drill the Gas Block I use #31 2 flute carbide bit $20.00, then you have to use a 1/8" chucking reamer $20.00 to slightly open up the hole to take a 1/8" pin. Its a press fit (A Hammer and Punch will push the pin in).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thank you man

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The ones I've pever need I have reamed the holes then taper pinned them like factory FSBs.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    The ones I've pever need I have reamed the holes then taper pinned them like factory FSBs.
    I do the same if that is the request. I still use the #31 Bit and then switch to a 2/0 taper pin reamer.

Quote Originally Posted by para13cord View Post
    Thank you man
    Anytime
    Last edited by SOTAR; 03-17-16 at 18:32.

Feedback Score
    Resurrecting this thread so I don't have to start a new one:

About the Sentry 7, how much extra maintenance is it compared to a standard, non-adjustable block? Will I have to clean it out frequently? Is it good for a gun that I plan on taking to classes, or better for competition or precision rifles?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    None save for a drop of lube on the screw occasionally to keep it freed up. Depends on suppressed use as well. If the majority of your rounds are suppressed then it may require a bit more if you plan on adjusting it frequently.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    None save for a drop of lube on the screw occasionally to keep it freed up. Depends on suppressed use as well. If the majority of your rounds are suppressed then it may require a bit more if you plan on adjusting it frequently.
    Yep. Also, the smaller the gas port under the gas block, the less crud it gets built up. My Sionics reduced GP 11.5" barrel and Faxon 18" GUNNER keep the gas blocks free (visible build up but agree still turns). Haven't added lube to the Sentry Ti on either for quite some time. 600 rounds suppressed on the Sionics and i just fiddled with it the other day to verify tuning and it turned easily and the detents were still well defined.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Yep. Also, the smaller the gas port under the gas block, the less crud it gets built up. My Sionics reduced GP 11.5" barrel and Faxon 18" GUNNER keep the gas blocks free (visible build up but agree still turns). Haven't added lube to the Sentry Ti on either for quite some time. 600 rounds suppressed on the Sionics and i just fiddled with it the other day to verify tuning and it turned easily and the detents were still well defined.
    Same for me

Feedback Score
    So for a guy with one do it all rifle, would you guys recommend an adjustable? Got a gassy 16" middie barrel that I've tamed as much as possible with an A5 system...-4 buffer and Sprinco green. Concerned it may be a failure point adding complexity where there wasn't before.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast