Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Faxon Firearms 18" Gunner profile barrel w/ rifle gas

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Faxon Firearms 18" Gunner profile barrel w/ rifle gas

Just took receipt of my new Faxon Firearms 18" Gunner profile barrel with .625" gas block journal and rifle length gas port. I'll have pictures and weight later tonight or tomorrow.

So far, it appears to be very well made. QPQ finish is excellent, M4 feedramps are perfectly machined, muzzle crown is very well machined. I don't have a bore scope, but the rifling appears clean as well.

While not a continuous taper profile, like an ELW, it is light under the handguard and lighter from gas block journal to the flare before the muzzle threads. It does have a flare to retain the handguard cap of a set of plastic handguards.

Some basic specs: 4150 steel, air gauged, button rifled, 1:8 twist, QPQ inside and out, 5.56 NATO chamber, 11 degree crown, MPI.

I got a solid LEO discount, but threw in a gas tube as well. I was out the door for about $190. Can't beat that price with a stick.

Last edited by BufordTJustice; 06-25-15 at 19:05.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update, please post your accuracy results when you get a chance to get some rounds downrange.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Definitely keep us updated on performance of this barrel. They are attractively priced and very tempting.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Will do. Still need to grab an SLR Ti sentry 6 AGB. Got a V7 Weapons systems Ti KMR barrel nut on the way now.

My only issue with it is the barrel was not dimpled. Not a big deal for me since I have the BRD barrel dimpling jig, but a dimple would be nice. The QPQ nitride finish basically destroyed a std bit i tried..... dulled the hell out of the tip and started getting rather warm. Switched to a cobalt tipped bit and had no issues, though it certainly didn't start nearly as fast as an untreated barrel.

I'll try to snap some sh*tty pix tonight.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 06-04-15 at 07:27.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Will do. Still need to grab an SLR Ti sentry 6 AGB. Got a V7 Weapons systems Ti KMR barrel nut on the way now.

My only issue with it is the barrel was not dimpled. Not a big deal for me since I have the BRD barrel dimpling jig, but a dimple would be nice. The QPQ nitride finish basically destroyed a std bit i tried..... dulled the hell out of the tip and started getting rather warm. Switched to a cobalt tipped bit and had no issues, though it certainly didn't start nearly as fast as an untreated barrel.

I'll try to snap some sh*tty pix tonight.

We would like to see the completed build!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FaxonNathan View Post
    We would like to see the completed build!
    Will do. I got slammed with call outs this last week and am heading to Baltimore tomorrow for some AVID forensic training. But I'll get some pix up this coming weekend.

Feedback Score
    Looking forward to seeing your thoughts. I've been eyeballing one of their barrels for a 308 project.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    That's a nice looking barrel. I wish the Adams Arms/VooDoo 16.5" rifle gassed barrel had a .625 gas block like that.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    That's a nice looking barrel. I wish the Adams Arms/VooDoo 16.5" rifle gassed barrel had a .625 gas block like that.
    That and price pushed me toward the Faxon. It's basically half the price of the Voodoo barrel.

Feedback Score
    Looking at it I guess you can get the 18" with a .625 block, just not the 16.5" for some reason. The 18" costs a lot more than the 16.5" for some reason too.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast