Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6920 with Mexican Defense markings on Gunbroker?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    I don't think these will be super collectable. It must have been a big order that was cancelled, because just when I think we've seen the last of them, more seem to pop up.

Good deal on a 6920, though...and style points for being reverse 'fast and furious'.
    I was just curious if a letter would shed some light on how many they "actually" made.
    Thanks
    Barry In MO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1crazy View Post
    I was just curious if a letter would shed some light on how many they "actually" made.
    Thanks
    Barry In MO.
    -----

Direct Commercial Sales Congressional Notifications
    FY 15
    • DDTC 14-108 – Colt Defense ($3 million) – 1,010 Colt 5.56mm Carbine Rifles
    and accessories for end use by various Mexican State Governments under the
    Secretariat for National Defense. This case was notified on 04/15/2015
    -----

According to that, 1010; however, I doubt Colt had all 1010 receivers machined and marked "SDN Mexico DF" before the contract was cancelled.

Take note that the above is speculation on my part in that, less than 1010 were actually made; however, that appears to be the number outlined in "FY 15-16 Foreign Military Sales and Direct
    Commercial Sales Congressional Notifications for Mexico".

Then again, I've seen people saying as many as 2000+ have been produced. So while I wouldn't pay for a letter from Colt, I would call/email and see if they can answer any questions you may have.

APRIL 15, 2015 (TRANSMITTAL NO. DDTC 14-108)

Honorable John A. Boehner, Speaker of the House of Representatives

Dear Mr. Speaker:

Pursuant to Section 36(c) of the Arms Export Control Act, I am transmitting certification of a proposed license for the export of firearm parts and components abroad controlled under Category I of the United States Munitions List in the amount of $1,000,000 or more.

The transaction contained in the attached certification involves the export of Law Enforcement Carbines, caliber 5.56x45 NATO, semi-automatic, for use by various Mexican State Governments under the Secretariat of National Defense for Mexico.

The United States government is prepared to license the export of these items having taken into account political, military, economic, human rights, and arms control considerations.

More detailed information is contained in the formal certification which, though unclassified, contains business information submitted to the Department of State by the applicant, publication of which could cause competitive harm to the United States firm concerned.

Sincerely,

Julia Frifield

Assistant Secretary, Legislative Affairs
    "...which could cause competitive harm to the United States firm concerned." My guess is that the harm caused would be a cancelled contract considering Mexico was slated to pay $2970" per rifle/accessories package, ha. Certainly there was more outlined in that cost, but that price is ridiculous.

If interested, take a few minutes to google "mexican defense ministry arms sales". You see reports of arms (not necessarily these Colt's) being bought to fight the cartels, to illegal arms sales to forbidden states within Mexico.

One can only speculate where these rifles would've ultimately ended up. A Colt for ~ $700 is a no-brainer. These just happen to include a cool story for free.
    Last edited by phixion; 10-16-17 at 09:27.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    I don't think these will be super collectable. It must have been a big order that was cancelled, because just when I think we've seen the last of them, more seem to pop up.

Good deal on a 6920, though...and style points for being reverse 'fast and furious'.
    I don't see them being that much of a collectible, either. The roll mark is just too boring and inconspicuous - if it was a full-on Mexican federal eagle/logo, maybe.

Feedback Score
    It will be collectible. There are far more "Law Enforcement Only" markings and they command a substantial premium.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are these the best deal going for a duty grade AR now that the supply of cheap Colt Troopers has dried up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    These are pretty much the best deal going.

The next best deal would be a 6920 with the MagPul MOE SL furniture.

https://grabagun.com/colt-firearms-m...5-56mm-16.html

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    These are pretty much the best deal going.

The next best deal would be a 6920 with the MagPul MOE SL furniture.

https://grabagun.com/colt-firearms-m...5-56mm-16.html
    The 6920 with Magpul MOE SL furniture was available for $680 shipped when I got one a month or so ago from Gun Deals.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yep.

It would appear that the prices are starting to head back to a more normal position.

If you paid, $680 for a MagPul MOE SL 6920 that was a steal. Especially when you figure what it would cost to buy the MOE SL furniture, the MBUS and a PMAG to add to a stripped 6920 OEM-1.

If I were buying one of these Mexican contract 6920's to use as a Patrol Rifle for work, I'd end up adding the MOE SL furniture to the gun anyway.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Yep.

It would appear that the prices are starting to head back to a more normal position.

If you paid, $680 for a MagPul MOE SL 6920 that was a steal. Especially when you figure what it would cost to buy the MOE SL furniture, the MBUS and a PMAG to add to a stripped 6920 OEM-1.

If I were buying one of these Mexican contract 6920's to use as a Patrol Rifle for work, I'd end up adding the MOE SL furniture to the gun anyway.
    From a pure collectible "Colt nerd" perspective I would have gotten the carry handle version which also comes with three steel mags.

Since I thought I might eventually use the rifle or gift it to someone who would use it I opted for the cheaper Magpul version.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    From a pure collectible "Colt nerd" perspective I would have gotten the carry handle version which also comes with three steel mags.

Since I thought I might eventually use the rifle or gift it to someone who would use it I opted for the cheaper Magpul version.
    Mine only came with one steel mag?? Carry handle version
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast