Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: HK translucent polymer magazines

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Riot View Post
    Here's my video review of these mags. It's the longest video I've done on an AR mag, but I wanted to spend more time showing what makes these different than other polymer mags.

There are quite a few interesting elements to HK's "proprietary geometry," though I don't know what all of them do. Most significantly, the front of these mags are thicker than other mags, with grooves for the tips of the bullets to ride in. There is also a divider, like in a PMAG, but it is sloped on both sides instead of being just a rib.

The material is softer than the opaque material used in PMAGs, but it still withstood 8 fully-loaded drops on the feedlips from about 6' with only minor scuffing. The mag did not crush when run over, though the material did dent in a few places. However, even after that, the mag loaded and fired fine.

It also did fine with 115gr UMC 300 BLK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmaNOfzEi78
    Thanks for the video.

Feedback Score
    Instead of complaining about your Lancer mags...why not stop by since Lancer is located in Allentown, which is less than 30mins from you.

I don't know how the HK transparent mags are going to be, but Lancers are the best mags that I've owned thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I received my mags today. My initial impressions are:
    1.) Wider at the bottom than I expected but I don't think they are too wide to not fit in mag pouches.
    2.) Not as "clear" as the Lancer AWM mags.
    3.) There is a nice anti tilt groove all the way down the center front of the mag for the follower to ride on.
    4.) They seat much nicer than the Lancers on an open bolt.
    5.) On a closed bolt, the top round stays where it belongs. What I mean by this, is on the Lancers, the top round will "float" nose left, over the second round causing the mag to tighten up in the mag well and making it hard to remove the mag from the gun. You either have to charge the weapon or push the mag release super hard with your thumb to release the mag. This makes it quite uncomfortable to do a tactical reload. I'll try to get a picture of what I am talking about.
    I am going to use these mags tomorrow and run a few rounds on full auto to see how they perform. I am expecting these to be boring trouble free mags, as this is my impression as I look at them....

LANCER AWM magazine.......

Notice the front corners in the H&K mag that prevents this from occurring......

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munchie3409 View Post
    Instead of complaining about your Lancer mags...why not stop by since Lancer is located in Allentown, which is less than 30mins from you.

I don't know how the HK transparent mags are going to be, but Lancers are the best mags that I've owned thus far.
    I'm not complaining about the mags, I'm stating facts. I know where Lancer is, they are about a 5 minute drive from my headquarters....
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I'm not complaining about the mags, I'm stating facts. I know where Lancer is, they are about a 5 minute drive from my headquarters....
    Why not bring them the mags.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score

Re: HK translucent polymer magazines

Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    I don't think it is a fatal issue. Lots of other mags show this behavior, including PMAGs and AUG mags..assuming we are talking about the first-round nose-out.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    All roads lead to $1500. - Me, with regards to AR system builds, whether homebrew or off-the-shelf.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    I'm not overly concerned with it. I have 10 of them. I have about 70 magazines.
    I have had them for about 2-3 years (whenever they were first released) and they function fine. They aren't my favorite mags but they still work.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The HK translucent mag should be a good match for this new lower
    Actually. I would absolutely put that combo together for instruction and training days at my dept. Come up with a clear receiver extension and you could explain everything easily.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No matter what we're discussing, Stickman has a great photo to go with it
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Has anyone tried these in a FS2000 yet?

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast