Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavor bullpup slated for release this year in USA

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    Except fitting in a 27" pack without a Form 1!

Chris
    Indeed. And a very good reason to get one! I also like that bullpups handle well one hand. However, it should be price competitive with the M4. Again, $1200 rifle, add $200 for Form 1, still below $1500.

so I guess Noveske and KAC just make range toys and the IDF bought the Tavor just for looks.
    I am pretty sure the IDF is paying about $1000 per TAVOR. Get that price for US civilian sales and the TAVOR will be the top selling EBR in the US. But yes, most shooters will never benefit from a $2000+ Noveske or KAC. They guys who buy these rifles buy them because them want them - not because they are getting twice the performance over a quality Colt or BCM rifle.

Anyone see a theme here? The TAVOR is not TWICE the rifle that an M4 is. Buy one if you want! But I wholly reject the idea that the TAVOR is WORTH twice what a quality AR costs.

I WILL buy one, but ONLY if it is a good value.

One of the things that keeps money in circulation these days is the reliance on idiot consumers. One of the great crimes in public education is the complete lack of economic education. Ignorance is the most expensive commodity we have:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_(economics)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post
    I am pretty sure the IDF is paying about $1000 per TAVOR. Get that price for US civilian sales and the TAVOR will be the top selling EBR in the US.
    Where did you hear this? A US manufacturer has to essentially make this to comply with 922r rules its. BTW it sells for $2800 in Canada. Good luck with that $1000 price point

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    Where did you hear this? A US manufacturer has to essentially make this to comply with 922r rules its. BTW it sells for $2800 in Canada. Good luck with that $1000 price point
    Good luck selling the TAVOR in the US for $2800. Yes, the fanboys will buy them but few others will.

Again, the TAVOR could be the best rifle ever and will enjoy only limited sales if it is not price competitive against the AR. Seems like I keep making this point over and over. Is anyone still confused?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Regardless of what the Israelis are paying for their Tavors, the military of any country usually pays half, or usually less, of what a gun is sold for in the civilian market. Will it hit the U.S. market at a reasonable price? Depends on what an individual thinks "reasonable" is.

Kind of reminds me of the Colt 901 that was previewed at the 2011 Shot Show. Where is it, and at what cost??
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Actually, Colt sells the USGI M4 to the Army for about the same price it sells the Colt 6920 to the civilian market.
    Last edited by Armati; 04-09-12 at 09:37.

Feedback Score
    "I am pretty sure the IDF is paying about $1000 per TAVOR. Get that price for US civilian sales and the TAVOR will be the top selling EBR in the US. But yes, most shooters will never benefit from a $2000+ Noveske or KAC. They guys who buy these rifles buy them because them want them - not because they are getting twice the performance over a quality Colt or BCM rifle.

Anyone see a theme here? The TAVOR is not TWICE the rifle that an M4 is. Buy one if you want! But I wholly reject the idea that the TAVOR is WORTH twice what a quality AR costs.

I WILL buy one, but ONLY if it is a good value.

One of the things that keeps money in circulation these days is the reliance on idiot consumers. One of the great crimes in public education is the complete lack of economic education. Ignorance is the most expensive commodity we have."

Dear god... Is a KAC SR15 twice the value of a colt? Is a Larue OBR three times the value of DPMS? Is a KAC SR25EMC twice as good as an OBR?
    Last edited by KG_mauserman; 04-09-12 at 14:08.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KG_mauserman View Post
    "
    Dear god... Is a Larue OBR three times the value of DPMS?
    Yes...
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    Yes...
    I'd much rather have an OBR and I would sure be willing to pay three times as much as a DPMS.

Feedback Score
    The price of the Tavor SA is dependent on several factors, not the least of which is what volume IWI US will want to produce. If the factory only intends to build 5,000 to 6,000 guns the first year, then it would be silly to price them at a level at which they could become the hottest selling EBR in the country. On the other hand, if they want to produce 20,000 or more guns per year, then it would make sense to get much more aggressive with the price. These types of decisions have not been made yet, though the topic has been discussed at length.
    Michael Kassnar, VP of Sales & Marketing
    IWI US, Inc.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post
    Actually, Colt sells the USGI M4 to the Army for about the same price it sells the Colt 6920 to the civilian market.
    Negative, if you look up the M4 in Fedlog, its cost is listed at about $500.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast