Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavor bullpup slated for release this year in USA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Is this tongue in cheek or are you being serious?
    Half and half I guess. A DPMS SASS can be acquired for under $1800 with bidpod included and with a few mods like a trigger adustment or a Gisselle SSA trigger and an adjustable Gas block and a nice scope mount the great majority of shooters wont be able to tell the difference in performance. I have shot prone, practically clover leaf groups (.5 to .75 inch) with a SASS at 100 yards with the right ammo. I highly doubt I would be able to do any better with a Larue OBR.

I know that the details of the Larue OBR, such as the machining , the monolithic rail, the finish options, the incomparable Larue warranty service, top notch factory mags.... plus the Larue OBR will out perform the DPMS SASS in the hands of a person who has the skills and training to exploit the advantges ( I am sadly not one of these people). I also have no doubt that the Larue will prove more durable and reliable in extreme situations. So to sum it up I know that the DPMS SASS with about $500 in mods will never equal the quality of the OBR.. but I would never really feel the difference, certainly not enough to justify about $1k extra. Again this is personally speaking, I am in no way disparaging the people who have purchased a weapon like the Larue OBR, it is undoubtedly a superior crafted,performing and beautiful weapon ( I wish I could bring myself to buy one).

As far as the Tavor being developed in part with U.S taxpayer funds..The Israeli Weapons Industries was part of Israeli Military Industries which was funded in part by the 3 billion dollars a year the U.S government gives the state of Israel every year for the past like 30 years. IWI did not become a private company until 2005 and the Tavor has been a complete weapon long before that.

I know that the 3 billion a year is not directly spent on research and development but its logical to conclude that 3 billion in aid coming in frees up the same amount for other purposes. So in conclusion, yes I do believe that U.S taxpayer funds were used directly or indirectly to fund the development of the Tavor line.

Do I believe that we as Americans will get a discount because of it? No I do not , that was tongue in cheek.

(if the Tavor is under 1800 dollars, I will buy one... if only to mount this damned IWI M.A.R.S optic I bought on a whim for $400 bucks)
    Last edited by signkutter; 09-30-12 at 11:14.

Feedback Score
    ...Look how far the info/ production/ prototypes & now a IWI factory in the states, at the old Charles Daly location, currently manufacturing Tavor's for the release (that keeps getting pushed back) but at least there are multiple functioning production Tavor TAR-21's, like the one at the Bullpup Shoot... Who would have ever thought there would have ever been a IWI factory in the states?! The Tavor has come a long way since all the years of false hope of it coming to the states, for years... NOW it's finally a reality!

But WTF is this ugly prototype of a "Tavor"? It looks like a combination of a Tavor 21-M forend mixed with grip/ stock of a FNH F2000 or Kel Tech RFB. & it has a standard barrel, it's not threaded for muzzle brakes or flash hiders... If THAT was the Tavor that we we're going to get in the states, I'd DEFINITELY pass.

[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Hungarian_Legionnaire; 10-09-12 at 15:54.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Since that's a pic of Angela Barrett out of the wayback machine...and not Michael Kassnar...you've got old news bro.

Check the video from the shoot done by MAC for what to expect visually...or the SHOT '12 images.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungarian_Legionnaire View Post
    ...Look how far the info/ production/ prototypes & now a IWI factory in the states, at the old Charles Daly location, currently manufacturing Tavor's for the release (that keeps getting pushed back) but at least there are multiple functioning production Tavor TAR-21's, like the one at the Bullpup Shoot... Who would have ever thought there would have ever been a IWI factory in the states?! The Tavor has come a long way since all the years of false hope of it coming to the states, for years... NOW it's finally a reality!

But WTF is this ugly prototype of a "Tavor"? It looks like a combination of a Tavor 21-M forend mixed with grip/ stock of a FNH F2000 or Kel Tech RFB. & it has a standard barrel, it's not threaded for muzzle brakes or flash hiders... If THAT was the Tavor that we we're going to get in the states, I'd DEFINITELY pass.

[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kafir View Post
    Since that's a pic of Angela Barrett out of the wayback machine...and not Michael Kassnar...you've got old news bro.

Check the video from the shoot done by MAC for what to expect visually...or the SHOT '12 images.
    You're incorrect there bra', I know this is Angela Barrett holding what WAS going to be the civvi Tavor for the US back at SHOT Show 02', before it fell threw, I am a friend of Michael Kassnar, I saw & held the current production Tavor TAR-21 FlatTop at Shot SHOW 2012, & shot it at The 2012 Bullpup Shoot, by BullpupForum, where Michael made an unexpected appearance with a production TAR-21 FlatTop, letting people shoot a mag or two threw it & do short initial reviews. "old news" is a joke, I've been on top of everything that has been going on with the Tavor before I went to join La Légion Étrangère, following it threw my 5 years of service to France, checking online every time I had Leave. And now 2 years after leaving the 2eREP, still following it & it's always a plus when you are Ex Legionnaire who has been using a FAMAS F-1 for the last 5 years training & taking two vacations to "LaStan" where weapon systems are really put to the test, when something like this is coming in to the states, you end up with friends in high places making things happen & knowing much more than the average civvi.

My comment RE: the photo from the Barrett booth @ SHOT 02', was simply a joke as to how ugly of a "Tavor" the states would have ended up with had it not fallen through, thankfully... Because I post a picture as a joke & mention in my comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungarian_Legionnaire View Post
    ...Look how far the info/ production/ prototypes & now a IWI factory in the states, at the old Charles Daly location, currently manufacturing Tavor's for the release
    So I obviously know "a thing or two" about what's going on with the current production & variations of the Tavor, I don't need you trying to 1-up me on "Tavor knowledge" with some smart ass comment.

- István
    Last edited by Hungarian_Legionnaire; 10-09-12 at 18:26.

Feedback Score
    lighten up francis

while I'm not gonna post my DD214 or tell you who my cool guy friends are I think it looks kind of cool.

and I'm still trying to figure out the joke but then again I never got the whole Jerry Lewis thing either.

I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these when they come out, but I'll wait and see the reviews from the first batch before commiting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Uh...OK...might I suggest decaf bro...

...and if I took it that you had bad info, chances are others did to...so your "joke" didn't land on target...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    you're back in the states my man.....drink a warm glass of milk and buy a kitten or something...you're def wound a little tight!! IMO......
    " In War, Strife, and Acts of Bravery, it's always the strong one's that get taken from the GENE POOL......and we wonder why society is getting weaker!!!" - by me

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafir View Post
    Uh...OK...might I suggest decaf bro...

...and if I took it that you had bad info, chances are others did to...so your "joke" didn't land on target...
    It was a reference RE: what WAS going to come, being so ugly & looking noting like the Tavor TAR-21 we will soon be getting in 2013. I don't drink coffee, like I said I don't appreciate the smart ass comment, that's all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HK51Fan View Post
    you're back in the states my man.....drink a warm glass of milk and buy a kitten or something...you're def wound a little tight!! IMO......
    I've been back in the states for almost 2 years, I have a touch of PTSD, but you're right I should control my anger issues, (i'm working on it with psychologist).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KG_mauserman View Post
    lighten up francis

while I'm not gonna post my DD214 or tell you who my cool guy friends are I think it looks kind of cool.

and I'm still trying to figure out the joke but then again I never got the whole Jerry Lewis thing either.

I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these when they come out, but I'll wait and see the reviews from the first batch before commiting.
    I'm NOT French, I'm Hungarian, serving in La Légion Etrangère, does not make one French, also it's called The French Foreign Legion, as in foreigners serving France. Over 131+ different nationalities of Legionnaires... Although almost all Sous Officers & Generals of La Légion, including the General I served under; Divisional General: Alain Bouquin, who is now Ret. are all French (joining as a civvi of another French speaking country). Then becoming Legionnaires, since no French civvies are technically allowed to join La Légion Etrangère.

...Also I didn't tell who my "cool guy friends are", as if I'm special for befriending someone, I simply said I was friends with the person "Kafir" mentioned, so of course I would not have intel on the Tavor from 2002.

& you should DEFIANTLY get the Tavor, if you even like bullpups a little, you will love this one.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast