Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best CZ Handgun For Carry?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Your first two lines mandate the P07. The P09 can be carried, but is really not intended for carry - its a duty gun.

For carry and no light, the PCR is a better choice - period. It is smaller and slimmer. The P07 has a VERY chunky frame/slide profile up front. The PCR feels much slimmer and maintains the superior grip feel of the 75 Series line. The P07 changes that and frankly feels too skinny. You can swap the grips on a PCR and get the feel you want. (Unless you NEED a light - that is for the P01).

I think CZ would be better off with a compact Phantom - and keep the 75 grip, mags. Just my preference.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    P-07.

If you don't need it to be a CZ made by CZ, there is the Sphinx SDP Compact, although the frame is a kind of weird polymer/aluminum hybrid and it relies on a rubber grip rather than an aggressive frame texture to anchor your hand.

If you don't need it to be a CZ at all, there is the H&K P2000 - which even has the Glock universal rail.

If you'd prefer something with a better trigger than you get in an H&K, there is the Beretta Px4 Storm Compact (which can be had in a 'G' model) and the Ernie Langdon Px4 Compact Carry available from ROBAR (link).

And if you don't need it to be polymer-framed, there are the steel- and aluminum-framed P-01 and 75 Compact models from CZ.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 04-22-17 at 13:20.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    SNIP...

I have a P-07, I like it, I like CZs, but any particular reason you asked only about CZ?
    Only reason I asked specifically about CZ is they're the one manufacturer I've never had hands on with.

I'm considering H&K USP Compact and the full size as well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ok I might as well jump in this as well.

First I am a huge CZ fan. I currently own a Shadow Custom, P01, P09, and a Scorpion. I sold the P07.

I had a built P07 with the CGW goodies and it shot well BUT I wanted a P01. So I sold it and bought a P01 and again put all the CGW part into it.

I mostly made the change because I shoot a Shadow in every shooting sport I go to so the P01 is the same gun only smaller basically. I like carrying what I shoot the most of. The P01 shoots well and the recoil is softer than the P07 BUT it is a heavier gun.

I carry the P01 if I'm wearing a light jacket or a button up shirt. I use the shield in all other situations because it's stupid easy to carry. I am a bigger guy and have a belly but with that being said I carry the shield appendix. I cannot carry the P01 appendix yet. I still need to loose a little weight or find the right holster.

If carrying the gun is any sort of priority then P01, PCR, or P07 are the only choices. The P09 is too damn large IMO.

Here is the P01

Here are the CZ's all together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just saw a P01 in the EE section that might appeal to you. His price isn't too bad for what you get. Might be worth a look.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    I'll second the P-07 Duty, stock it is one of my favorite handguns. A new batch of FDE versions with night sights must have just got imported because some places have them available all of a sudden.

Also, don't forget the CZ-75 D-PCR, it holds 14 rounds and has an aluminum frame, a real honey to shoot too.
    I've been carrying a 75D PCR since I bought it new in 2000. It is one of the best all around 9MM on the market. According to CZ-USA, the PCR weighs 27.5 OZ, and the P-07 27.7 OZ. Therefore, they are about the same size, and weight. I have several other CZ pistols, and they've all been great.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-d-pc...mm-14-rd-mags/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Riflegear.com

They have PCR's in stock at the moment.

Also check out the CZ forum. Those guys can tell you everything and anything about CZ's and how to reload for them.

Feedback Score
    I am a huge fan of the P09/07.

I love Hi Powers as it was my duty gun for most of my career. We then switched to Glocks, which is a great pistol. But the Glocks never gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, it was like the tools in my tool box.

The Cz's speak to me, like a Hi Power did.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In order of preference

P-07
    P-01 Omega
    RAMI

Though the P-07 really stands out. Consider it the G19 of the DA/SA world.
    Last edited by SpecWired; 04-25-17 at 04:26.
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    How does the grip length of the PO-7 compare to the grip of the G19?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast