Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SR15 running suppressed questions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    My 20 round Pmags often don't lock back when manually operating the action.
    What gen? My gen3 spring is firm and always locks back. Wondering if the follower/spring tension is different between gens?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Good feedback guys, Ill run the curved Pmags Sunday and check it out. I bet the Car buffer is fine un-suppressed, throw in that variable and bolt speed goes mach 5

Even if it solves the issue, I may have to put in the A5, its been one consistency that has made my guns run 100% of the time.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 05-30-18 at 10:39.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    I notice a vast difference in the spring tension with the newer curved Pmag/20's be far superior. Could be the bolt is running faster than the follower is rising?
    Ran to the range for a quick test. Gen3 20 round mag locked back every time. I dropped in a H Buffer and the original Colt mag, it locked back on our slightly milder reloads, but the BH Mk262 ammo was too much juice and it didn't lock back. Very happy I figured this out, many thanks to al that helped.

I am going to do what I always do, drop in the ubiquitus A5 system and life will be in equilibrium.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 05-30-18 at 15:37.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    If it's a 16 it would be the Car buffer. Also comes in the complete lowers. 14.5 and 11.5s come with the HH ( H2 ) buffer. If running suppressed I usually lean towards the A5H2 and green spring at least. If in a Car RE system a H2 and Blue spring is a good place to start suppressed on the 16 inch guns, H3 and blue run fine suppressed in all my SR15 guns too. I also run the A5H3 and green in all some of my suppressed 11.5 SR-15 guns. All seem to run well.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 05-30-18 at 19:17.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Jake, thanks for feedback. I’m going with A5 and make life easy. Good to hear other SR15 folks run the A5.

PB

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Jake, thanks for feedback. I’m going with A5 and make life easy. Good to hear other SR15 folks run the A5.

PB
    Let us know how Vltor A5 works out for you in SR15. I would appreciated the details such as buffer weight, spring used (USGI/Sprinco), ammo, weather conditions, and a general feel of A5 in this configuration.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

SR15 running suppressed questions

There’s been at least one fairly long thread about the A5 and KAC on here, Jack actually responded to it. Not sure how much of it discusses suppressed though. One nice thing to the A5 would be that it’s one less propriety part, if you use it on every AR. So you could theoretically switch between KAC and BCM uppers on the same A5 lower without having to change anything. My Noveske and BCM both have green springs and can cycle on either the -2 or -3, seems like 16” KACs will as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    What gen? My gen3 spring is firm and always locks back. Wondering if the follower/spring tension is different between gens?
    Mine are 1st Gen.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    There is little doubt in my mind I was the problem. The minute you toss on a can, you have modified the gun. I should have known at a min an H buffer and will definitely benefit from A5. Mega yes the bolt was out running the weak spring 20 round Colt mags.

The Gun cycled softer even with a an H buffer, it was noticible. Like I said I ordered the A5, I just need to waste a little more money on a KAC can to round out the equation.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We haven't had to correct buffers in so long, it didn't cross our minds that this was the issue.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast