Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    17297. Oh well no rush.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score

E-Lander vs. USGI Aluminum (VIDEO)

Based upon the feedback I received from my previous video comparing the new E-Lander to the new PMAG, I took a few E-Landers and USGI mags to the range for more testing. I compare the seating effort between the two types of mags (loaded to 30rds), showing that my USGI aluminum mags seat with ease, whereas the E-Landers do not.

I also do a feed lip drop test, showing what everyone would expect- the feed lips bent. However, the bends that were put into the mag from two drops did not seem to inhibit function other than causing additional rubbing in the magwell during seating. This is of course a function of what kind of bend occurs, and additional/different drops might cause failure-inducing bends nonetheless. This is not different than what you'd expect to see with a USGI mag, so I didn't bother bending a perfectly good mag that has proven reliable just so everyone could see what they already know. []

One of my E-Landers remained loaded for the past week, and it did seat much easier than the other two E-Landers I brought to test. Hard to say if that was why, but others have reported experiencing the same thing. I am going to keep my other E-Landers loaded and see if that helps the next time I am at the range to shoot my 5.56 AR.

I still prefer PMAGs or USGI Aluminum mags over these, but as I keep saying, the E-Landers are available for bulk purchase right now (albeit with considerably delayed shipping) at an affordable price, which is currently a rarity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krq4yPCJKeo
    aka, "TWANGnBANG"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice video, I gotta couple coming my way good to see they arnt too bad of mags

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thano you for the additional video Quiet Riot.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the video. I like my E Lander mags. Sure, they are not a PMAG, but they are a solid choice for the range.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Another great video thank you. Don't blame you for not dropping your GI Mags!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Maybe a good follow up mag when the action is open and you dont have to stand on the thing to get it in there.

I wont know til 2014..lol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Got 20 shipping to me right now but I ordered end of last month. Picked them up to use as training mags. We'll see how they work out.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCross View Post
    Wow... placed my order 1/5 and invoice number in the 10K range... So something like 1000ish people per day ordering mags... I'll be waiting until mid Feb I bet.
    I ordered 5 on 1/6 #10337

I had intentions of getting the 5 and making sure they were good and f so ordering another 10 but I am not going to do that if it takes 3 months to ship them AFTER they charge my card the day I order. Craziness!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Now that DiFi's introduced her bill, the wait times for magazines, etc will likely get worse. It's more important than ever to contact your elected officials.

Please follow this link if you've not contacted them yet.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

I'd like to see something like the link above made a "sticky" on each page of the board until such time as things settle down a bit.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 01-25-13 at 17:37.

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast