Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the worst that could happen if you ccw?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    They seem to be giving conflicting information on their website. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, if you're licensed to carry you may do so in an establishment that's liquor sale make up less than 50% of their business. If its over 51% it would be a felony, but the sign would require large red letters. The devils in the details.

http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/laws/sign_requirements.asp
    From the link:
    All alcoholic beverages retailers must post one of two firearms signs. One sign is intended for use on the types of premises where a holder of a concealed hand gun license may lawfully possess a concealed hand gun: establishments licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption or, if licensed for sale for on-premises consumption, establishments whose alcohol sales are 50% or less of total gross receipts. It warns that unlicensed possession of a concealed weapon is a felony.

The second sign, the 51% sign, is to be posted on the premises of establishments where the possession of any concealed weapon is illegal. These are establishments that are licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption whose alcohol sales constitutes more than half of gross receipts. These signs have 51% in large red letters superimposed over the warning and the warning notes that possession of a concealed weapon on the premises is a felony.
    It is illegal to drink alcohol at liquor stores/convenient stores so it is perfectly legal to CCW in them, I carry every time I go to a liquor store and or gas station. As for the 51% that is for bars/pubs/clubs where the majority of the business is from alcohol sales for on-site consumption. While most restaurants sell alcohol the majority of their income is derived from food sales.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    In Ohio, the signage thing can be confusing. If the sign has the specific Ohio law code at the bottom, it carries weight I believe. If it does not have the Ohio code, then it is just a "we don't like your kind here" sign. How would someone know unless you are carrying openly?? A mall that I sometimes frequent with my kids (indoor playground) has signs at each MALL entrance. However.....If someone were to enter via the Macys entrance, NO signs whatsoever. No signs seen going from Macys into the mall itself either. What say you on this matter??? Is it still legal? Can I play dumb and say I entered via Macys and didn't see any signs??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What's the worst that could happen if you ccw?

Moose, what type of establishment is that particular sign from?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Do check your state laws, periodically as well. Previously in Kansas, only proper signage had any weight, and it was just a misdemeanor. Now the signs have no weight, unless it is a Federally prohibited place. This only changed July 1.

Sent from my PRC-112G via Quickdraw 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    In AZ we hardly ever had signs like this in private locations until the law was revised to allow concealed carry in bars and restaraunts. As it is now, the sign has to be a particular size and lettering and it must be posted with the business/liquor license.

If you enter one of these locations all they can ask you to do is leave. If you refuse then it's a different story.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    That sign cracks me up. You think they did section "30.06" because section 7.62x51 was unworkable?
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    First off, if you're carrying "concealed" they should never know..
    End of story, and as long as you look like half-way respectable citizen and gun should print(bending over,reaching up,etc.) people will think cell phone/case before gun.... On side note I do love how they are makin them smart phones bigger & bigger, makes it easier for me to CCW.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I repeat...

Be neatly dressed.
    Be neatly groomed.
    Be well behaved.
    Speak in complete sentences.

Be boring, and you'll find yourself unbothered.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    I repeat...

Be neatly dressed.
    Be neatly groomed.
    Be well behaved.
    Speak in complete sentences.

Be boring, and you'll find yourself unbothered.
    Be sober as well. Goes without saying, but still needs to be mentioned.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Moose, what type of establishment is that particular sign from?
    The sign I posted could be from any business that so chooses to put it up and bar CCW holders from entering their building. I've only seen it on two businesses here a Taco Cabana that IIRC was an independently owned franchise and Jared jewelers.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast