Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Mountain AR-15 Barrels?

Feedback Score
    I have been considering one. I look forward to your findings.

Feedback Score
    any update on this?

I am about ready to part with my $$ on a GM barrel.

I know that the 10/22 productes they make are top notch but I'm still reserved on their AR stuff.

Feedback Score
    As crummy as their AK barrels are, there's NO way I'd touch any of their AR barrels. Plus, with so many known good manufacturers out there, there's really no reason to.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A discussion involving the gayest lubrication, pinkies, Popsicles, hammering balls and dripping guns, all in the same thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    I like living a life in which beer is an appetizer, the floor is just another shelf, and the world is my urinal.

Feedback Score
    bkb0000 did a thread on their barrels if I remember correctly. Use the search button, because I remember there being some good info in that thread about them.

I still wish bkb0000 wasn't banned, I learned a lot of good stuff from him.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    As crummy as their AK barrels are, there's NO way I'd touch any of their AR barrels.
    Gun Kings had Green Mountain's 16", 1/7 twist, chrome lined, fluted barrels for $159 w/ free shipping.

I was looking for something decent and cheap for an upper I wanted to play with so I searched this board and came up with:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=69527

I have about 600 rounds through it w/ no issues. I am shooting at small sized paper plates at 100 yards with it and my groups are the same as my 6920 upper.

Feedback Score
    Are none of their barrels available with a FSP installed? I kind of like the option of a 1/8 with a chrome lined bore and NATO chamber, but I don't want to try drilling and pinning a FSP on.

Saleen
    Last edited by saleen; 05-05-11 at 23:59.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by saleen View Post
    Are none of their barrels available with a FSP installed? I kind of like the option of a 1/8 with a chrome lined bore and NATO chamber, but I don't want to try drilling and pinning a FSP on.
    Saleen
    I actually emailed them that question a few days ago and got this response yesterday:

Hi ___:

Thank you for contacting Green Mountain Rifle barrel Co. Unfortunately, we do not offer any custom gunsmithing services. You might try one of these distributors of Green Mountain Military barrels:

http://www.wildhorsemfg.4t.com/ Cody Friede Machine shop

www.bandhtactical.com ,Military rifle kit builder division of Lone Star Rifle

You can buy a Green Mountain Rifle Barrel through either of these distributors, or direct from us. Attached is our price list / catalog for your review. I hope you will find this information helpful. Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you find that I could be of any assistance with regard to placing your order. Thank you for your inquiry, and best regards with your project J

Dennis P____
    Customer Service
    I think there's an opportunity for more sales here, either if Green Mountain decides to offer this option, or if someone with the machining capabilities wants to be a dealer and can offer this at a competitive price. It wouldn't hurt for you or anyone else interested to email or call Green Mountain with this question and suggestion.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I think Adco could do it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saleen View Post

Saleen
    ADCO does have this service available. In fact they're in the process of doing that for a barrel of mine

Call it a pseudo update on the OP:

I've , since then, purchased and installed four more of their barrels. One more 20" and 3x 16" (all 3 had 1:8 twist rifling)

ALL of them are very accurate and the fit and finish, out of the box, was perfect. The only thing I had to do as an extra service was dimple the underside of the barrel for set screw FSB's. One of which is now in Adco's very competent hands being pinned.

No complaints about their accuracy either.

The 20" with a competent shooter behind the stick should have little or no trouble hitting sub moa. The 16"ers average 3/4 MOA to 1MOA... so while not "uber perfect" they are MORE than adequately accurate.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update. I did contact ADCO, but I don't know if the cost of having that FSB installed is quite worth it. For less money I could do an A.R.M.S. #41BL without any machine work.....

The project I inquired about was for someone else, and I think they are holding off on the project for now. I am going to keep them in mind for the future though. I've only got a .22 with their barrel and I've been very happy with how it shoots!

Saleen

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast