Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Most un-reliable handgun you've ever owned...

Feedback Score
    Luckily I haven't had any issues from factory. I did run into issues when I started messing with them. It was a 1911.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    When I was a kid, I just absolutely had to have a Magnum Research Mountain Eagle 22LR. I worked mowing lawns until I saved up the money and my dad got it for me. It was a COLOSSAL pile of shit. Like couldn't fire two rounds back to back without FTF. I struggled with it for quite a while and it broke-in to the point that it would do about half a mag before tying up, but by then I had gone from lusting after it to wanting to burn it in a fire. I think it sat in the safe for a few more years before we eventually traded it away for something else.

Other than that, I've been pretty lucky and the stuff I've gotten since has all run pretty well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My grandfather always said that this FIE Titan 25 would jam multiple times in every magazine he tried. His intent was to use it as a backup gun while on duty however that didn’t happen due to its failure to function. I’ve never tried it myself but it’s the first gun that came to mind when I read this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcr5595 View Post
    My grandfather always said that this FIE Titan 25 would jam multiple times in every magazine he tried. His intent was to use it as a backup gun while on duty however that didn’t happen due to its failure to function. I’ve never tried it myself but it’s the first gun that came to mind when I read this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Backup gun? Drop gun, maybe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    92FS. Every malfunction imaginable. is was just a lemon
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Norinco 1911.

Bought that POS new in '92 - FTF on the second mag of hardball. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Kimber TLE RL II. Accuracy was solid but when I purchased it I envisioned owning a decent semi-automatic 1911, not an accurate single shot. It did offer fantastic training opportunities in the "malfunction clearance" department...
    " I can't walk with gum in my mouth...It makes it to where I can't breathe"-The Wife Unit

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Another vote for Kimber. This time a Custom II. I wanted a "cheaper" 1911 to use as a range beater so I could retire an older Colt series 70. Bought the Kimber new, the first outing, FTF on every mag. I called Kimber and they said I had to break it in and the FTF would stop if I used "full power" 230 ball. I was using el cheapo Federal from Walmart, so I thought, OK try again with some decent ammo. Second range outing and same problems, but the thumb safety broke. Back to Kimber it goes.

Got it back, no FTF problems, but now it is FTE. The extractor tension is non-existent, so that is an easy fix. A few range sessions later, and the barrel link boss on the barrel shears off. Back to Kimber again for warranty repair.

Got it back, new barrel and what looks like other new parts. No FTE or FTF and it seems to be OK. About 600 rounds of trouble-free operation later the hammer broke. Back to Kimber it goes.

At that point, I got it back and sold it. The guy I sold it to was told the history, but wanted to use it as a basis for some homegrown 1911 smithing. Good riddance and good luck!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Armalite AR 24 9mm pistol. I really wanted to like it but it couldn't get through a magazine without an FTE. I tried springs and a long break in period then I sent it back to Armalite. When I got it back it looked like an untrained monkey had been set loose on it with a dremel, I really couldn't believe they would let it out of the door and it still didn't work. Called them back and they admitted they knew nothing about pistols. I sent it back, they sent me a new one that I didn't even take out of the box, just traded it for a Beretta M9.

Feedback Score
    When I was in the service, a guy in my shop offered me an AMT Backup in .380. The pistol would not go through an entire magazine of FMJ without stuttering at least once. I promptly sold it. I would rather have had a rock. Biggest POS firearm I have ever encountered. It put me off the brand AND the caliber for life. Probably good thing(s) that it did.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast