Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Steyr AUG A3 (vltor)

Feedback Score
    I think he doesn't want anybody to see what the nu-trigger looks like and have them fabricate one themselves. I bought one, works good worth $28.

Feedback Score
    I have one in my AUG A3 and it works as advertised. Worth the $28 !!
    "Try to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself." - AW

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    What I am trying to say is that my CQC weighs too much. Even without the quad rail, too much. A good two pounds too much. More than an FS2000. .
    The Reg AUG A3, not the CQC, is the same weight give or take 1 or 2 ounces as the FS2000. If you add the Rail accessory to the FS2000, I'm sure it would be close to the CQC weight as well.

As far as loaded weight. If you loaded the FS2000 or M4 with same amount of accessories and same amount of rnds, they would all weight about the same with a m4 16" weighing maybe 1 lb less. However if you added a rail to the M4 to have same amount of mounting space as the fs2000 and AUG a3, you would be within a few ounces once again.

Not to mention a bullpup having the weight compacted in to a smaller package being easier to handle the weight but "feeling" more heavy because it is concentrated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 148259 View Post
    I think he doesn't want anybody to see what the nu-trigger looks like and have them fabricate one themselves. I bought one, works good worth $28.
    Maybe I should ask the question another way.

What exactly am I getting for $28?
    New hammer and sear, new springs, something else?

I was thinking this might be a better option, but......
    http://www.ratworxusa.com/pagDetail....2020-Precision
    It is backordered and it has been for a long time....AND it is $230.

I would much rather pay $28, but if I have to pay $230 to get a great trigger.......
    Last edited by RWBlue; 01-21-13 at 12:25.
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
    Maybe I should ask the question another way.

What exactly am I getting for $28?
    New hammer and sear, new springs, something else?

I was thinking this might be a better option, but......
    http://www.ratworxusa.com/pagDetail....2020-Precision
    It is backordered and it has been for a long time....AND it is $230.

I would much rather pay $28, but if I have to pay $230 to get a great trigger.......
    Neu-trigger pics can be found. It's basically a stainless 'cover' that reduces the friction from plastic -> plastic to plastic to stainless.
    I can take some pics once mine arrives, but install pics are out there.

Feedback Score

80% Possible?

It's been awhile, was just wondering it if were ever possible to make an 80% Bullpup? If at all? I wonder what programming would have to be integrated and what makes it an 80%? Wouldn't mind getting one if 80%s were possible.
    "Nam et si ambulavero in medio umbrae mortis non timebo malum" ~Psalm 23:04

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate" ~Sun Tzu

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Civil View Post
    It's been awhile, was just wondering it if were ever possible to make an 80% Bullpup? If at all? I wonder what programming would have to be integrated and what makes it an 80%? Wouldn't mind getting one if 80%s were possible.
    Not unless someone starts churning out 80% AUG receivers, which is unlikely. Someone would also need to make receiver's bolt guide rod bushings and barrel extension that are pressed and peened into the receiver. And given that headspace is set by the multiple lugs on the outer diameter of the barrel at the breech locking into the barrel extension, I would not trust just anyone to make the barrel extension.

I'm not saying it can't be done, just costly and unlikely. You are better off buying an A3 complete rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Not unless someone starts churning out 80% AUG receivers, which is unlikely. Someone would also need to make receiver's bolt guide rod bushings and barrel extension that are pressed and peened into the receiver. And given that headspace is set by the multiple lugs on the outer diameter of the barrel at the breech locking into the barrel extension, I would not trust just anyone to make the barrel extension.

I'm not saying it can't be done, just costly and unlikely. You are better off buying an A3 complete rifle.
    Yep.

The trunnion is going to be the one piece that you don't want machined incorrectly or made out of inferior material to what Steyr uses.

I tried to get a 0% forging from Steyr... they won't sell them to anyone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STG77 View Post
    Yep.

The trunnion is going to be the one piece that you don't want machined incorrectly or made out of inferior material to what Steyr uses.

I tried to get a 0% forging from Steyr... they won't sell them to anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post

Ha, so it is possible. Just no one is willing to do it. That is still good enough news for me. Thanks yall.
    "Nam et si ambulavero in medio umbrae mortis non timebo malum" ~Psalm 23:04

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate" ~Sun Tzu

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The AUG A3 gets 4.5 out of 5 stars from me. Holy shit. I'm glad I never spent much time with one prior to the A3 being available, because I would have had a jones that would never have been satisfied. I haven't been as impressed with a rifle since the SCAR 17.

OAL is the same as my 10.5" AR with the stock completely collapsed, and blast-wise it's much more pleasant to fire. With an Aimpoint PRO with the spacer taken out, it comes up and on target for me like it was surgically grafted onto my arm. Yes, the trigger is not so good - but neither are Glock triggers, and I can shoot the hell out of them. I found that if I ignore the fact that it doesn't feel like a Geissele and just shoot, it is capable of shooting excellent groups.

I would advise that anyone who thinks they might want one to get some trigger time on an A3. You'll either like it or you won't, but you ought to find out while they're still available. I'm just worried I won't be able to get ANOTHER one before shit goes sideways. PJsSteyrAUG has PLENTY of spare parts available, and magazines are all over the net in the $15-20 range.

I've added a VCAS and Aimpoint PRO, along with an X300 on the right rail (tapeswitch inbound). I'm working up some manipulation drills for it, and naturally I'm not as smooth as with the M4 yet.

The 16" version fits in an Eberlestock Secret Weapon like it was made for it, and with a 42 round mag in place that's a lot of hate to have on tap quickly.

It's not going to the head of the line for me as a go-to yet, but damn it, I could see it happening.

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast