Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cop kills women who called 911, another ND? (Minneapolis, MN)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So she's reported a possible assault outside her home, then goes outside in her pajamas to talk to the responding Officers..
    While talking to the Cop in the Drivers seat the Cop in the passenger seat draws and shoots?
    Lots of confusing information here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    So she's reported a possible assault outside her home, then goes outside in her pajamas to talk to the responding Officers..
    While talking to the Cop in the Drivers seat the Cop in the passenger seat draws and shoots?
    Lots of confusing information here.
    That is the best summary I have heard and it makes no sense.

You know the press has some serious SJW action going when they don't go full attack when you kill a young, pretty, blonde, Australian woman.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Public perception matters these days. Remember Zimmerman being prosecuted?

Shooting an unarmed pretty Australian women is not a good look even if she did run out of a dark alley toward a police car after loud bangs were heard by the LEOs.

It's gotta be tough out there with all the ambushes and this dude is gonna get hung out to dry regardless of the facts.

Feedback Score
    What I don't like about how these cops are dealt with in these shootings is the job versus standard civil liberties. If I were rolling down an alley and lit this lady up like that I'd be arrested and most likely charged with something by now. The cop is on paid leave.

What I'm getting at is that we either need to treat these cops like they were involved in a workplace incident with some legal immunity and get answers faster or we need to give them all the legal protections and prosecutorial invasiveness that standard citizens get and let it work itself out. Right now they get all the legal protections and pretty much none of the legal heat that a regular citizen would face. There was a workplace incident and make your report. You want to abandon your work place responsibilities and assert your civil rights, get treated like everyone else.

You can't have cops shooting people for absolutely no discernable reasonable cause and throw up your hands and say that we can't really say anything for a few months.

If anyone else did this, the prosecutor would be out there with a story to tell already.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    What I don't like about how these cops are dealt with in these shootings is the job versus standard civil liberties.****
    You can't have cops shooting people for absolutely no discernable reasonable cause and throw up your hands and say that we can't really say anything for a few months.
    If anyone else did this, the prosecutor would be out there with a story to tell already.
    This, precisely.

I'm seeing very little US "journalism" reporting on this incident - AT ALL - shockingly so. But it's all over the Australian media. For example:
    http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/justine-da...18-gxdz6u.html

It appears that the deceased had called police in the belief that someone else was getting assaulted, and she was not the victim of anything before getting shot by police.

This kind of thing just can't be allowed to happen. No matter how "understandable" this might seem from a jaded officer's perspective, this is just not OK.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    They don't care much about black female cops either. Dude walked up and assassinated her:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/05...-in-bronx.html
    yup sadly

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So according to the driver they were pulling into the alley and the passenger officer had his gun out already incase of an ambush. They stopped and the victim ran up to the driver window. As she was running up there was a loud bang noise and the passenger officer leaned over and shot her. The driver officer didn't know what the loud noise was. Apparently there is a possible witness that the driver officer said was on scene that left without being interviewed.

Especially considering location I fully expect the officer will be charged.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Especially considering location I fully expect the officer will be charged.
    He's Somalian. Minneapolis has quite a pickle on their hands.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I faintly remember this from school days long ago (Ike was President then) : "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

"liberty and justice for all"...

Sounds almost quaint now.

Maybe in the Hereafter.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bit dramatic there.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast