Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scar 17 p mags, sand down to fit. ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistolero View Post
    Bolt catch will damage your bolt face with this thing, design flaw that needs to be worked out before I would ever consider investing in one.
    Really? How is that?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Really? How is that?
    Just people parroting incorrect information, again. If it gets repeated enough, it becomes fact. Same with the pmag causing issues in the 16. And yet no one can show a single confirmed example.....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post
    Just people parroting incorrect information, again. If it gets repeated enough, it becomes fact. Same with the pmag causing issues in the 16. And yet no one can show a single confirmed example.....

I would hope this isn't a case where people are talking without actual knowledge or from having seen/ used/ handled one. I'm also aware of the "shill factor" which tends to be present in the online weapon forums.

That being said, if there is an actual issue that was some how missed by everyone else, I would like to know what it is.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    The SCAR 16 issue with PMAGs is true - Magpul has addressed it publicly, and modified the PMAG 30 M3 geometry to eliminate this issue. I'm not sure if the same issue exists with the PMAG 20LR being used with aftermarket SCAR 17S lowers.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    That's not what I'm saying. The pmag, in addition to others, do cause the BHO to slightly raise. That's been proven.

Magpul also publicly said that they have yet to see a reported or confirmed case, military and civilian, of a pmag causing damage to a SCAR bolt.

It was all conjecture and worry fanned by the internet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDmM0eN8jhc

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzoid View Post
    I pick up my SCAR 17 tomorrow and grabbed 6 new mags from the FNH Store last week for 40 bucks each and they threw in a free T-Shirt.

Don't take this wrong but I think only a Idiot would take a 2700-3000 dollar rifle and try "rigging" mags that are NOT made for it because you're too cheap to buy the correct Magazines.

Oh...and nice Video.... Man with a Roto Tool...look out!!
    Well said Tzoid!
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    Where is the damage? All he did was show a video illustration that corresponds to all the pictures floating around.

I'll be glad to change my tune if anyone can show confirmed damage. Again, for all the .mil and civilian SCARs out there, no one has proven this to be a legitimate problem. Supposition turned into fact because it kept getting repeated.

I particularly enjoyed his Windham video

ETA: Not making those silly faces at you FTN but rather the video. All he did was a make a video of something another guy already pointed out. Its just guesses but somehow turned into fact.
    Last edited by scoutfsu99; 12-17-12 at 21:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The sand down guy, Wagnasty, is known as Dr. Dremel and he was the first guy I knew to make a PMag lower for the 17. Airborne. Those guys have no respect...

The Handl alloy lower is testing out pretty good. There are reports of some bolt catch and mag catch issues, but they seem remote. The FDE Handl in not anodized, but coated. Alan Handl seems like a good guy.

There is another alloy lower due next year from Jim Elmazi, former DSA guy who engineered the SA58 lower. It has a few more features than the Handl like an AR grip geometry, QD mounts and will be anodized.

PMags are not recommended for use in the 16. This is fully vetted. If you need proof, go shooting with your SCAR. They are terrible.

$0.02

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris2son View Post
    The Handl alloy lower is testing out pretty good.
    I thought these were supposed to be released in Sept/Oct. Is it still in testing?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast