Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Investors issues demands to Ruger ..

Feedback Score

Investors issues demands to Ruger ..

Investors and activists plan to raise several issues at Ruger's annual shareholder meeting Wednesday, including demands that the company loosen its relationship with the NRA and put more emphasis on gun safety technology.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/05...es-guns-safety

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You know, for all the "NRA Blood Money" going around, you'd think only people who actually had an idea about firearms would be investing in it.

But, wait... If they are making money off a firearms company, in excess profits off interest/dividends, but they don't "support" what the company is doing... What keeps that from being more like "Blood Money" than anything?

Hint: It doesn't. If anything, it just shows that no matter what "Feels" they have, they want the money. That's all that matters.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used to own a decent amount of Ruger stock for years. It paid my property taxes, which was nice. About 8 years ago it hit a record low, and I got out. Took the money and put it into a home generator system, which I’m glad I did.

I suspect that the company has a low tolerance for stupid theater like this after a long series of court cases back in the 70s and 80s.

What maroons.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In my eyes, Ruger is climbing out of the hole they dug themselves in the early/mid-1990s when Bill Ruger ran his mouth and essentially endorsed gun control laws, reinforcing the Fudd complex.

I guess they haven’t learned.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    In my eyes, Ruger is climbing out of the hole they dug themselves in the early/mid-1990s when Bill Ruger ran his mouth and essentially endorsed gun control laws, reinforcing the Fudd complex.

Nailed it. Once an appeaser, always an appeaser.

Feedback Score
    Well we will have to see what they do.

Firearm manufacturers need to buy back their stock, and go private again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post

BAM!! Just like that. And some of us haven't forgotten.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is an old ploy with stocks of publicly traded companies that people can buy shares of. We've seen it in the past with military arms makers and oil companies.

Some social advocacy group or person buys a few shares of stock, which that enables them to propose something to be voted on during the company's national shareholder meeting.

They never get anywhere, but serve as a means to allow the person or entity who bought the shares to voice their political opinion.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    This is an old ploy with stocks of publicly traded companies that people can buy shares of. We've seen it in the past with military arms makers and oil companies.

Some social advocacy group or person buys a few shares of stock, which that enables them to propose something to be voted on during the company's national shareholder meeting.

They never get anywhere, but serve as a means to allow the person or entity who bought the shares to voice their political opinion.

Gun companies being anti-gun? Impossible!

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives.

-William B. Ruger"

Call me spiteful but Ive never bought ruger anything since then. I never forget betrayal.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Ed is right.

This is Ruger's response:

Ruger's official response (posted 5/9/2018 to their Facebook page): Please understand that Ruger was obligated by applicable law to include a shreholder's activist resolution with its proxy materials for a shareholder vote. With its passage, the proposal requires Ruger to prepare a report. That's it. A report. What the proposal does not do . . . and cannot do . . . is force us to change our business, which is lawful and constitutionally protected. What it does not do . . . and cannot do . . . is force us to adopt misguided principles created by groups who do not own guns, know nothing about our business, and frankly would rather see us out of business. As our CEO explained, "we are Americans who work together to produce rugged, reliable, innovative and affordable firearms for responsible citizens. We are staunch supporters of the Second Amendment not because we make firearms, but because we cherish the rights conferred by it. We understand the importance of those rights and, as importantly, recognize that allowing our constitutionally protected freedoms to be eroded for the sake of political expediency is the wrong approach for our Company, for our industry, for our customers, and for our country. We are arms makers for responsible citizens and I want to assure our long-term shareholders and loyal customers that we have no intention of changing that."

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast