Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geissele SSA question

Feedback Score

Geissele SSA question

I saw that some guys downrange had some issues with the geissele ssf and certain ammo because the hammer has less mass. Will the ssa have any light primer strikes with certain ammo sine its hammer also has less mass than a mil spec? Also which is a better duty/defense trigger the ALG QMS or GEISSELE SSA?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I would not assume the trigger is the issue.

The SSF does not have a low mass hammer. That would be some version of the HSNM.

The SSA is light years ahead of the QMS.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Maybe the culprit is a worn out hammer spring? The SSF, and SSA hammers have plenty of mass in combination with a full power hammer spring to ignite military primers. My SDC, and SD-3G haven’t met a primer yet they couldn’t ignite and that includes plenty of NATO headstamped ammo.

If you get light strikes, the easiest part to replace after inspecting your firing pin for no defects and free complete movement is a hammer spring. Takes a lot to wear one out but it is possible.

Feedback Score
    Only speaking from personal experience, but all of my geissele’s combined with thousands of rounds in multiple guns have never resulted in a light strike.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Is the hammer spring install correctly.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Geiselle is one of, and it’s a matter of opinion, if not the best upgrade you can make as far as triggers go in AR’s. I run one in EVERY AR I have. Large frame as well as small. If you decide to go to a Geiselle, have no fear of light primer strikes. That is not a concern.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    I saw that some guys downrange had some issues with the geissele ssf and certain ammo because the hammer has less mass. Will the ssa have any light primer strikes with certain ammo sine its hammer also has less mass than a mil spec? Also which is a better duty/defense trigger the ALG QMS or GEISSELE SSA?
    I have zero issues with the SSF, nor with any of my SSAs, including the one I choose to use for duty. When I read a post like I always have to wonder if someone decided to swap in a lighter spring, or if everything is together correctly. I don't say that in a derogatory manner, as the only groups using the SSF that I'm aware of are highly skilled and professional, but with only a 3rd hand report of what happened, it is hard for me to guess what the actual issue is.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    There is no way a properly functioning SSA is your problem. Buy an SSA, and fix your other issues.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Is the hammer spring install correctly.
    This ^^^

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post

.....which is a better duty/defense trigger the ALG QMS or GEISSELE SSA?

Kinda like comparing a Vega to a Ferrari.

The SSA is a phenomenal trigger. If I need a basic trigger, I install an ACT
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast