Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: IF...Intermittant Fasting

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    My take on IF with link to good review:

http://www.brinkzone.com/nutritional...seudo-science/

Examine did a good job on objective examination of IF with more recent data:

https://examine.com/nutrition/the-lo...gn=blog-040617
    The study I linked to showed significant improvement in body composition, without strength loss (with GAIN, actually, in both lean muscle mass and strength), in young, fit athletes. It was not a perfect study, but no study is.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I just fast until midnight. For you daywalkers, that's noon. I stop eating no later than 8am.

I am lifting, and lifting heavy, and doing fine. It's only been a few days though, and that may cause an issue in time.
    So are you lifting fasted?

I have not had any trouble lifting and lifting heavy.

Feedback Score
    I eat Keto and many days IF 20/4. I'm almost never hungry and I've lost 50 lbs since Christmas. I'm a type 2 diabetic that was taking Victoza and metformin. My fasting blood sugar is now in the low 80's and I haven't seen any after meal readings above 100 in months. Those numbers are without taking those meds. I've been completely off of them for 2 months. I know many people think keto and IF is bullshit but I could care less. It's truly changed my life in 3 months.
    Last edited by rocketman; 04-07-17 at 11:51.
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    I eat Keto and many days IF 20/4. I'm almost never hungry and I've lost 50 lbs since Christmas. I'm a type 2 diabetic that was taking Victoza and metformin. My fasting blood sugar is now in the low 80's and I haven't seen any after meal readings above 100 in months. Those numbers are without taking those meds. I've been completely off of them for 2 months. I know many people think keto and IF is bullshit but I could care less. It's truly changed my life in 3 months.
    Come back in 3 years and let us know what the results are. See also what I said to jesuvuah post #19
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Come back in 3 years and let us know what the results are. See also what I said to jesuvuah post #19
    Yea I hear you. That's certainly the conventional wisdom. We shall see.
    Last edited by rocketman; 04-07-17 at 12:15.
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yea I hear you. That's certainly the conventional wisdom. We shall see.
    Not as much conventional wisdom per se but what a boat load if data and stats finds, which very much mirrors real world experiences.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Not as much conventional wisdom per se but what a boat load if data and stats finds, which very much mirrors real world experiences.
    OK cool. I already acknowledged up front that many people think it's bullshit. I'm not going to try and convince anyone otherwise. For the record it was a boat load of data from the medical community that convinced me that eating hi complex carbs was good for me. What I'm doing is working at the moment for this 62 year old guy that no longer feels the need for a knee replacement. I'll re-evaluate it in a few months. In the mean time I'll continue to pocket the $750 a month I'm saving on the victoza.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    OK cool. I already acknowledged up front that many people think it's bullshit. I'm not going to try and convince anyone otherwise. For the record it was a boat load of data from the medical community that convinced me that eating hi complex carbs was good for me. What I'm doing is working at the moment for this 62 year old guy that no longer feels the need for a knee replacement. I'll re-evaluate it in a few months. In the mean time I'll continue to pocket the $750 a month I'm saving on the victoza.
    I don't think IF or keto are BS per se, just to clarify. Drive on and keep up the solid progress.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    I don't think IF or keto are BS per se, just to clarify. Drive on and keep up the solid progress.
    Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks!!
    My issue is when some claim they/it are the be all end all of nutritional approaches, "proven" by science to be superior to other approaches, and cure all for all life's problems. That's where I call bullshit. One can lose a lot of weight (and that's ignoring the loss of LBM vs fat issue) fairly quickly following any number of approaches. The issue is, and will always be, whether they keep it off long term and or what impact it has long term of health metrics and such.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast