Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Opinions on the Beretta ARX-100

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayGhostDog View Post
    Smh... my ARX has worked from day one, no failures after a few thousand rounds, and is combat accurate... 'nuff said!

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
    Glad yours works. Hope you never have to make a warranty claim.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    Glad yours works. Hope you never have to make a warranty claim.
    I've had pretty good luck with Beretta products. I can not say the same about Sig... but that is my experiences. My ARX is no less accurate than any of my other rifles. With a red dot and my aging eyes, I'm no where near as good a shot as I was 25 years ago. What I will say, and believe it has been noted in this thread in the past, is set-up is key in getting the ARX dialed-in for improved performance... the back-up iron(?) sights are WRONG! They are too high to get a proper and consistent cheek weld on the stock. The same could be said with your choice of optics... if using an optic set-up for an AR15, it is too tall for the ARX. The trigger pull is heavy, but I can live with it. My main concern is that as long as I pull the trigger, she fires! I can practice to get it done with the stock trigger without dicking around with it, possibly sacrificing reliability. I do not use reloads on ANY of my firearms. It's just factory ammo going through my tools... not economical, I know, but I can get a more consistent baseline.

Feedback Score
    I've had pretty good luck with Beretta products.
    Did you read my experience with Beretta's customer service/warranty? I'm a long-time 3-gun shooter, I know exactly how to set up a rifle and fire it precisely. My ARX100 example is adding 3+ MOA to all ammo used compared to other rifles.

I didn't have "good luck." When I took the issue to Beretta, they admitted their standard was 4" at 100 yards with ball ammo... and then, after I returned the rifle to them for warranty service, proceeded to pull smoke and mirrors by shooting the rifle with 55gr hornady VMAX (extremely accurate varmint ammo- NOT ball ammo) to get a 3"+ group and say the rifle met factory specifications! And they "lost" my factory iron sights in the bargain and failed to respond to messages left asking about them!

Beretta's warranty isn't worth the paper its printed on. They will NOT take care of you if you have a problem. Do NOT count on them for helpful assistance. They're a bunch of corporate, bottom-line-centric, scumbags.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    Did you read my experience with Beretta's customer service/warranty? I'm a long-time 3-gun shooter, I know exactly how to set up a rifle and fire it precisely. My ARX100 example is adding 3+ MOA to all ammo used compared to other rifles.

I didn't have "good luck." When I took the issue to Beretta, they admitted their standard was 4" at 100 yards with ball ammo... and then, after I returned the rifle to them for warranty service, proceeded to pull smoke and mirrors by shooting the rifle with 55gr hornady VMAX (extremely accurate varmint ammo- NOT ball ammo) to get a 3"+ group and say the rifle met factory specifications! And they "lost" my factory iron sights in the bargain and failed to respond to messages left asking about them!

Beretta's warranty isn't worth the paper its printed on. They will NOT take care of you if you have a problem. Do NOT count on them for helpful assistance. They're a bunch of corporate, bottom-line-centric, scumbags.
    You have expressed your displeasure with Beretta USA Customer Service quite clearly throughout this thread... and I get where you are coming from. They are not the first, and will not be the last, corporation to NOT satisfy each and every customer. My guess is since not everyone that owns the ARX has an issue with its accuracy, they can put off your findings as negligible. With so many variables in play, one most likely will not get the response or action they are looking for. Unfortunately, it's an uphill battle getting similar protections like when one purchases a new automobile.

I did not question your capability in setting up a rifle... I meant no disrespect, but I did say that, with the help of the interweb and one person on this thread, I found a set-up that worked for me and improved my accuracy a bit. The ARX is very different than an AR15.

This rifle, since you are dissatisfied with its performance, you should have let go a long time ago... move onto another platform or keep with what already works for you.

Feedback Score
    You have expressed your displeasure with Beretta USA Customer Service quite clearly throughout this thread... and I get where you are coming from. They are not the first, and will not be the last, corporation to NOT satisfy each and every customer. My guess is since not everyone that owns the ARX has an issue with its accuracy, they can put off your findings as negligible. With so many variables in play, one most likely will not get the response or action they are looking for. Unfortunately, it's an uphill battle getting similar protections like when one purchases a new automobile.

I did not question your capability in setting up a rifle... I meant no disrespect, but I did say that, with the help of the interweb and one person on this thread, I found a set-up that worked for me and improved my accuracy a bit. The ARX is very different than an AR15.

This rifle, since you are dissatisfied with its performance, you should have let go a long time ago... move onto another platform or keep with what already works for you.

I understand. I apologize for my tone. Increasingly, I find communication in this format frustrating. It's too difficult to quickly communicate information without misunderstanding.

I find verbal communication much easier.

Thank you for your gracious reply. I wish you a good day sir.

Feedback Score
    Aries144, it would be interesting to try your barrel in an ARX100 that is known to have significantly better accuracy. Would the other rifle yield its same level of accuracy or would it end of with your rifle's level of accuracy?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Aries144, it would be interesting to try your barrel in an ARX100 that is known to have significantly better accuracy. Would the other rifle yield its same level of accuracy or would it end of with your rifle's level of accuracy?
    Would love to see that myself.

Feedback Score
    Easy tips for the ARX:

-Get the extended charging handle
    -Get the railed front handguard
    - Throw the place holder sights that come with rifle in a trash can
    -The AR rifle is an exceptionally accurate semi auto rifle. Realize the ARX is not an ar15.
    -Get the excellent trigger from ShootingSight.
    -Now install the vfg, optics, Light, slings, etc you like and go shoot.
    Last edited by Ron3; 02-02-18 at 17:45.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Easy tips for the ARX:

-Get the extended charging handle
    -Get the railed front handguard
    - Throw the place holder sights that come with rifle in a trash can
    -The AR rifle is an exceptionally accurate semi auto rifle. Realize the ARX is not an ar15.
    -Get the excellent trigger from ShootingSight.
    -Now install the vfg, optics, Light, slings, etc you like and go shoot.
    I pretty much did what you listed, except two things... not using a vertical fore grip and no Shooting Sight Trigger. I may revisit a trigger later, but I would not hesitate if Geissele released one... not saying the Shooting Sight trigger is well designed and not reliable, it's psychological.

Feedback Score
    Just to be clear, I stand by my original assertion, and evidence, that Beretta is a dishonest company. My rifle is a lemon that does not meet their own internal specifications. It will not shoot 4" at 100 yards with any kind of ball ammunition, but rather 6-7". They examined the rifle and then used smoke and mirrors to obscure its failure to meet specification by recording a single 5-shot group using sub MOA varmint ammunition for their test- which still barely passed the 4" at 100 yard requirement!

Beretta blew me off rather than take responsibility for the lemon they produced. If they did it to me, they'll do it to you too. I don't know about you, but $1600 isn't pocket change to be pissed away with an "oh well" if it's spent on a lemon. How do you get that back? By deceiving someone else in the same vein and making it their problem instead?

If something is wrong with your ARX, you will have to solve it yourself. Beretta's warranty is worthless.
    Last edited by Aries144; 02-03-18 at 06:04.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast