Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcon Heights MN: Woman Films Scene After Police Shoot Her Boyfriend

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When I travel I want to make certain I do not have to reach anywhere near a firearm to retrieve documents should I be stopped for a traffic violation or I am involved in a motor vehicle crash.

Here is what I teach in concealed carry classes. If you carry a concealed firearm while you travel in a motor vehicle, and I highly recommend you do, I suggest storing your documents in a place away from your firearm. If you are carrying a pistol in a holster on or near your right hip, I suggest carrying your driver's license in a pocket on the left side of your pants or shirt. If you are storing a loaded firearm in your console, I suggest keeping your registration and proof of insurance in the glovebox or on a sun visor.

I made the same recommendations to LEO carrying off duty when I was still involved with their training. If you are not in uniform, you look just like any other woman or a guy with a short haircut. Neatly groomed people commit crimes too and are cause for caution like anyone else.
    Last edited by T2C; 06-22-17 at 14:03.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I got pulled over in one of those speed trap areas and I notified the police officer that I was carrying as per the law. He then ordered me to remove the firearm and place it on the seat next to me "where he can see it". After doing so, he proceeds to tell me that he could have shot me for touching my firearm. I replied, well maybe you shouldn't be instructing people to touch their firearm during a stop and I also need the name of your supervisor. He then let me go, not even a warning- just said have a nice day and left. I think he realized that he screwed up.

7n6

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I got pulled over in one of those speed trap areas and I notified the police officer that I was carrying as per the law. He then ordered me to remove the firearm and place it on the seat next to me "where he can see it". After doing so, he proceeds to tell me that he could have shot me for touching my firearm. I replied, well maybe you shouldn't be instructing people to touch their firearm during a stop and I also need the name of your supervisor. He then let me go, not even a warning- just said have a nice day and left. I think he realized that he screwed up.

7n6

Yeah, that was pretty retarded. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    After reading these last few pages it's time to change location of registration and insurance cards. Going to separate them from where I store my weapon while in the vehicle.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty retarded. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish.
    Something of the elephant in the room here is, many (I hesitate to say most) LEOs are not very comfortable with firearms, and along with their fairly minimal training with firearms, combined with the obvious threat they may present to the LEO, and other factors, and you things from just weird to very bad.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    When I travel I want to make certain I do not have to reach anywhere near a firearm to retrieve documents should I be stopped for a traffic violation or I am involved in a motor vehicle crash.

Here is what I teach in concealed carry classes. If you carry a concealed firearm while you travel in a motor vehicle, and I highly recommend you do, I suggest storing your documents in a place away from your firearm. If you are carrying a pistol in a holster on or near your right hip, I suggest carrying your driver's license in a pocket on the left side of your pants or shirt. If you are storing a loaded firearm in your console, I suggest keeping your registration and proof of insurance in the glovebox or on a sun visor.

I made the same recommendations to LEO carrying off duty when I was still involved with their training. If you are not in uniform, you look just like any other woman or a guy with a short haircut. Neatly groomed people commit crimes too and are cause for caution like anyone else.
    Great advice. I would add rolling down all four windows and turning on the dome light. I also try to have my information already in my hand.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Something of the elephant in the room here is, many (I hesitate to say most) LEOs are not very comfortable with firearms, and along with their fairly minimal training with firearms, combined with the obvious threat they may present to the LEO, and other factors, and you things from just weird to very bad.
    Yep. I had an officer disarm me, then proceed to rack the slide to clear it without removing the magazine. Complete shit show and I felt bad for him. Everyone around would have been far safer if it had stayed in my holster.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    I keep my wallet on me but the few times I have been pulled over the first thing I do is take it out and have it ready before he ever leaves his car. That way I am not having to reach for it while he is standing beside me. My CCL, DL, and insurance are in my hands which are on top of the steering wheel.
    This - I have both licenses and registration in hand, out the window, before the guy gets out of his car. Other hand out the sunroof or on the steering wheel. It leaves NO doubt. Interaction have always gone quickly, and smoothly.

I don't want to play games. They have a job to do, I have somewhere to be. Keep it professional - they do the same (99% of the time), and it goes fast. No BS - no threats, everyone goes home... its great.

Feedback Score
    I've just read this entire thread all the way through. The amount of conjecture and supposition is astounding. Whether we assume the officer saw something and it was a good shoot, or we assume that the officer jumped the gun and the dead guy was an innocent angel, it is all just asinine, baseless assumptions. And who cares what color their skin was? What difference does that make?

After 38 pages and a not guilty verdict, I still have seen absolutely nothing about what actually happened in the moments after he pulled them over up until she started rolling camera. Not one thing. We have no idea if the guy was just baked and being unresponsive, or if he went for the gun will ill intent toward the officer… I'm not going to assume anything. I'm curious about what happened, but until I see something from a credible source, this one will remain a sad mystery to me. Whatever happened, I wish it had gone down differently and no one had to die.

And I'm also willing to go out on a limb and guess that every member of this forum knows how to NOT get shot by police during a traffic stop...
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    And who cares what color their skin was? What difference does that make?
    The same people that always do and that have an agenda.

Within mere seconds I can copy and paste a list of youtube video links of at least twenty officer involved shootings where White people were killed under questionable circumstances, some even by Black LEOs. No riots. No DoJ Civil Rights Division witch hunts, no MSM spin, et al.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast