Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireclean with AR15

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just shot a bunch of rounds thru my OBR, and it just wipes clean. Its great shit. I am just a gun bum, but plenty of pros like Frank Proctor, Mike Pannone, Jason Falla, Paul Howe, and Pat McNamara use Fireclean.

Its worth a shot.
    Kiowa pilot turned Hooker.

Feedback Score
    I think I'll give this a try. Been a FL paste user for over a year now i think. I like it for the most part but hate the application. Takes too long with a hair dryer so i stick the bcg in the toaster for a minute or two. I've got a buddy who forgot his bcg in the oven at just shy of 500 degrees for 10 minutes... I'm sure he'd appreciate the ease of application as well.
    Last edited by Col_Crocs; 07-07-13 at 17:39.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Very looking forward to trying this product, especially with the quality of people endorsing it here.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Re: Fireclean with AR15

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Got an idea: the little bottles are 2oz each, right? That's about enough to fill a tall-ish shot glass (perfect size for an AR bolt). Since I have a 2-pack coming I figure I can fill 2 shot glasses----one for dropping in a dirty bolt and letting the FireClean eat at the carbon and then another to submerge the now clean bolt in to soak up the FireClean into the metal. Considering with displacement it wouldn't even require the whole 2oz to cover a bolt once in the glass I can perhaps get away with using one bottle at a time for both purposes.

Always use the "dirty" one for dirty bolts and eventually rotate the "clean" one into the dirty role and fill up a fresh "clean" glass.

Yeah, I know it's a rather expensive product per ounce but what the hell, it's just money right?
    Not really necessary.
    Simple generous application is sufficient.

I still use KG1 for heavy cleaning and save the FC for lube.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Wow. Cleaned my gun and put this lube on and the difference is great. I have not shot or cleaned with this yet but the action is way smoother than anything I have tried before. Makes it rack like it is on rollers. And I didnt even use that much of it. I am impressed so far.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I was given some to try and I will, everything is snake oil until i see it work.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    I was given some to try and I will, everything is snake oil until i see it work.
    Understood - that was me 6 months ago...
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Have not had a chance to go to the range due to work, but I did get it on my weapons and I am impressed with how well it stays put.

Unlike most liquid lubes this one stays where you put it far better. My BCG after a week still has lots of lube on the rails and gas rings, even with Slip2000 at that point it starts thinning out.

I'll update after next saturday when I finally get a chance to shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I ran Fireclean over a 3 day class this weekend, with a Knights E3. I am now a big fan, I prefer it over froglube. I ran the gun wet and it didn't seem to run out the lower when hot as much as most lubes. I wish the bottles were bigger though for the $.
    Bryan
    Aim

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flanntastic View Post
    I ran Fireclean over a 3 day class this weekend, with a Knights E3. I am now a big fan, I prefer it over froglube. I ran the gun wet and it didn't seem to run out the lower when hot as much as most lubes. I wish the bottles were bigger though for the $.
    Prefer it over Froglube why? Flanntastic, that is not sarcaem. As a FL user myself I want to know why you do.

Sinless, from our past PM's I realize you don't favor Froglube either.

Looking forward to your results with Fireclean bud.

-Jax
    Last edited by jaxman7; 07-15-13 at 20:51.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast