Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread: EOTech Issuing Refunds?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aklance View Post
    Where did you come up with your BS test data. And yes comparing them to eotrash is lunacy. The eotechs from a few years ago are crap and I would not insult Holosun!! An army GI in the LGS this winter told me he did 2 tours in Afghanistan and they were issued acogs and aimpoints. His acog never failed him but the guys with aimpoints had numerous failures with the electronics. He said he would not own one. So much for your sales job on aimpoints. I have a 503c that I tested in the frezzer and in the water barrel. It passed those and a drop test with no POI change leaks or fogging. That was good enough for me. I do believe you are the type of person that would tell me if I don't have a billet receiver on my ARs I don't have s**T. Please go troll someone else.
    All your most recent posts are about Holosun. Tell us aklance, do you work for Holosun? Or is there something else going on?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I wish I could beat this into a buddy of mine's head...

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    515c and HS503BU

Failed Vibration testing
    Failed operation In temperatures +120
    Failed operation in temperatures -14
    Failed operation when submerged in 4 feet of water
    Failed rapid pressure change
    Failed pendulum impact testing

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Where did you come up with your BS test data. And yes comparing them to eotrash is lunacy. The eotechs from a few years ago are crap and I would not insult Holosun!! An army GI in the LGS this winter told me he did 2 tours in Afghanistan and they were issued acogs and aimpoints. His acog never failed him but the guys with aimpoints had numerous failures with the electronics. He said he would not own one. So much for your sales job on aimpoints. I have a 503c that I tested in the frezzer and in the water barrel. It passed those and a drop test with no POI change leaks or fogging. That was good enough for me. I do believe you are the type of person that would tell me if I don't have a billet receiver on my ARs I don't have s**T. Please go troll someone else.
    My two cents:

The only problems we were having with our CompM4s were the rheostat dials would break off or spin freely, and some guys has cracked the lenses from sim rounds. The older CompM2s only real problem was the shitty battery life combined with they didn't get anywhere near as bright as the M4s. I have seen a few (meaning very few) that were pulled off of the line for failing to hold zero or weird electronic failures. I've also seen drawers full of deadlined ACOGs, which I have no idea how and means nothing because optics are deadlined for many reasons.

Electronics failures were few and far between, especially with the M4s. I never once saw an M4 flat out break in my 4 years in Alaska (with 2 years of Afghanistan sprinkled in between months of Arctic training) or my 3 years at Bragg (with another 9 month safari thrown in, too).

I recall being on DZSO when a jumper jettisoned his equipment roughly 800ft AGL. Upon inspection, the M4 barrel was bent, the receiver was cracked at the barrel nut, his PEQ-15 had shattered into little PEQ'lets, and the receiver extension had a perfect stress crack through right at the castle nut.

The CompM4 was still turned on, and apart from being banged up, it appeared functional. We had a range a few weeks later and for shits and giggles we tossed it on a rifle to see if it worked. It zeroed up just fine and appeared to hold its zero for the following months of training, including numerous Squad and Platoon Live Fires and shoot houses. And a few more jumps for good measure.

I could be dramatic and tell you stories about them holding their zero following IEDs. Being dropped 20+ft off the side of qalat because a cheap QD sling attachment failed, or other such stuff. But that's not the point, because we all know this to be par for the course.

They aren't perfect, and anything made by man can fail. But Aimpoint sights have the reputation they do for a reason, and until data is published from a controlled lab setting proving the durability of Holosun optics in comparison to Aimpoint, we're only left with anecdotal range reports that hold no more merit than the anecdotal experience of a Soldier.

Just the observations of this former-GI who was also a LGS employee for a period of time, in which I learned that almost everyone who works at LGS' are a bunch of barrel bellied Frito fighters who talk out of their ass.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    No fight here. VIP3R I have the circle dot on my 4 sights and they are clearer than the eotech. These guys are trying to convince me that my Holosuns are junk but I am not falling for their garbage and they can KMA if they think I am going to write a book why I know they are good to go. They are way beyond par with eotech and aimpoint doesn't have a circle dot. Thats what I want and thats what I have!

No.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    DD is PAID to test optics. If no one is paying you to do lab testing on optics, then you are knowledge is less than his.

The military still has the old M68's. Yes, the electronics did fail in them. Those issues are thing of the past since the birth of the M2 (which was a long time ago). Also, don't know if you were ever in the Military or not, but generally speaking people treat gear and guns like a used lawn mower. So never take ONE opinion on ANYTHING failing. Do more research to come to a better conclusion.

C4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    In a lab... where we test optics, often commissioned by the .gov.

Just an FYI, the numbers we got are just slightly better than the manufactures posted product specifications.

So if you don't take my word for it, how about you take Holosun's?
    Last edited by Digital_Damage; 07-20-16 at 11:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post

So if you don't take my word for it, how about you take Holosun's?
    (Digital Damage drops the mic)

Oh....DANG

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sorry to revive this, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere else. Does anybody know if eotech is still sending out checks? I have a XPS3-0 2012 date of manufacture.

Thanks in advance.
    President of Trigon Armament Inc.

FFL-07 SOT-02

AR-15 Armorer

Competitive Shooter

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OIPactual View Post
    Sorry to revive this, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere else. Does anybody know if eotech is still sending out checks? I have a XPS3-0 2012 date of manufacture.

Thanks in advance.
    May 23, 2017 was the last date to ask for a refund.

Google is your friend.

http://www.fostersettlement.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What problems are you experiencing with your EOTech?

Quote Originally Posted by OIPactual View Post

Thanks in advance.

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast