Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Review: Ameriglo CAP, Defoor AND Pro-I Dot Glock Sights

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Great review. I have the CAPs on my G19 for EDC and have had similar results. Very fast up close but you lose some of the accuracy past about 50 yards. I do have the yellow photo-luminescent coloring on mine. I'm still not sure if I'll go back to Trijicon HDs.
    I find the HDs have a lot of pros over the CAP sights, specifically that i havnt broken them yet. That and they are pretty accurate ay distance, I would say more so than the CAP.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Looking forward to that review as well.
    I am considering the WP101-C. What I am really interested in: My dream sight (I Think) is a U shaped Black rear with a thin front with tritium outlined Orange, DOT being POA/POI. That way I could have quick sight acquisition at shorter ranges along with precision at longer distances. However sights like everything in life seems to be a compromise.

I do have a set of Trijicon's on another gun, that work OK for me although I keep debating the merits of night sights, and I do not like the 3 dot setup.

Thanks Again

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjxds View Post
    Looking forward to that review as well.
    I am considering the WP101-C. What I am really interested in: My dream sight (I Think) is a U shaped Black rear with a thin front with tritium outlined Orange, DOT being POA/POI. That way I could have quick sight acquisition at shorter ranges along with precision at longer distances. However sights like everything in life seems to be a compromise.

I do have a set of Trijicon's on another gun, that work OK for me although I keep debating the merits of night sights, and I do not like the 3 dot setup.

Thanks Again
    The three dot setup is just another tool that has been working for a long time for people. On all my duty guns I have ever had were three dot trijicon factory night sights. They are good enough to work, but of course I would prefer some color.

I know people have experimented with various combo's of sights, I guess there has to be a setup out there that will work "the best" but I doubt most have tried to find it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Necroposting my own thread...

Got these LE CAP Ameriglo sights which I'll be putting through the paces to get a review out eventually.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    For me I like the T-Cap front with a Defoor rear. That combo works for me, I use them for IDPA, carry ETC. I have those on my glock 19's thinking of swapping out my Warren Sevigneys fiber optics for this set up on my glock 17's also to maintain continuity. I had a set of the "hacks" but found at distance the 140 wide front was a tad too wide. so for me right now the T-Cap front and the Defoor rear are what I use and they work so far for my purposes.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I've been using the yellow Cap sights on my G19 for a few months and really like them. I recently installed an orange set on my 2nd G19 to try out. Not sure which I will like better yet.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Voodoo_Man, thank you for the excellent write up. I've been running Trijicon HDs (yellow) on my G23 for several years. I've been very happy with them however, I'm always open to exploring new options. I recently picked up a G43 and the stock sights need to go. The Ameriglo CAPs look like an option worth exploring. The main thing I'm concerned about with Ameriglo is; will they hold up? This is a defensive weapon and reliability is paramount. I'm not sure it's worth the risk.........
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I Glance through this thread, and did not see that anyone mentioned the Defoor front sight with the tritium front that Ameriglo sells: http://ameriglo.com/products/glock-d...ant=7554825025

The dot is low on the front sight post so it doesn't interfere with a daylight picture, at night you put it in the bottom of the notch.

I agree, with your OP, the fefoors are very accurate, here is a snippet from Defoor's page about them:

Ameriglo Defoor Tactical Sights

By the late 2000s myself and some others were seeing the benefits of wider rear notches combined with serrated front posts. This was not new in itself but the combo I came up with; 150 wide rear, 115 wide front and all black was. I based the front width off the average width of a man's head at 25 yards. The rear notch provided the best balance for speed and accuracy and combined with slight serrations worked all the time even in the dark with a flashlight. I later added a single tritium dot as low as possible to the front post, again, I don't think this had been done before. The reason was so that daytime shooting didn't change and the placement of the dot low in the post has never effected low light shooting performance that I know of- best of both worlds. Development time on the all black was 4-6 months. The tritium version was another 3 months.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Does anyone know if the XS standard front would work with the Vickers /Wilson rear?

My eyes are going south, can't focus on 3 dot sights and tell which one is the front unless I close my non dominant eye.

I've got a set of XS big dots on a Sig which is very accurate.

I use the Hackathorns on my duty issued Glock 21 but I just got a Glock 19, and Glock 30s and I'm searching for something new.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I Glance through this thread, and did not see that anyone mentioned the Defoor front sight with the tritium front that Ameriglo sells: http://ameriglo.com/products/glock-d...ant=7554825025

The dot is low on the front sight post so it doesn't interfere with a daylight picture, at night you put it in the bottom of the notch.
    I picked up a set of the above linked sights for a G35 and love them...once you get used to it having the tritium low in the post is really helpful at night versus having it higher and the thin front blade makes distance shots easy. They're probably my favorite night sights but I'm not plunking down a grand to convert over, so for now the rest of my Glocks wear either factory night sights or 3-dot Trijicons.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast