Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Why My DPMS, Del-Ton, Oly Arms, Etc. Is Better Than Anything Else Thread

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The best thing About the Chart is that ...
    The worst thing about the chart is that it did not exist prior to me spending thousands of dollars on shit rifles and learning (in part) the hard way.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I see that the "chart haters" have low post counts. This shows me that they need to research this forum quite a bit more and they will quickly see that this forum does NOT beat up on the "non chart" manufacturer's, they simply show proof as to why they would not defend their lives or the lives of others with that specific "non chart" rifle. Ignorance is not an excuse or proof that ........... Well, see the thread title.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselgeek View Post
    Oh look it's roollleee eyes.

I think this kinda proves my point.

Hardly. The thread I linked to, which is stickied in AR General Discussion, was specifically created for the purpose of "helping them to improve the reliability of their rifle"...and by the creator of the chart, no less.

Feedback Score
    So it sounds like the lower isn't as important as the upper. For those of us with crappy gun uppers, what's the best way to sell off these things at a "fair" price?

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Sell them at a yard sale or at a gun show. Given the abundance of quality uppers out there, you're going to take a bath on the price. Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by Heidevolk View Post
    So it sounds like the lower isn't as important as the upper. For those of us with crappy gun uppers, what's the best way to sell off these things at a "fair" price?
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I have given the Chart to a few people and the first thing they do is to see if their gun is on the left side. They don’t read the “Explanations” …nope straight to trying to figure out how big their tee-tee is compared to…, oh …I mean where their gun is in relations to the other guy’s. If they are on the right side, they get defensive…like right now! Rare is the person that humbly takes that information and asks, “What can I do about it?” or "Aww, guess I should have researched more!"

I’ve probably posted this 2 or 3 times the past week, “The Chart is a compilation of FACTS”…Period! People need to understand that they can’t argue with facts. The Chart is not an opinion. The opinion is where someone determines that they don’t need 4150 CM and/or shot peening and/or blah! blah! AND then claim that their gun is still “as good as Brand XX”. THAT is an opinion.

If you listen long enough to the people complaining about the Chart, they usually end up being the “offended” guys whose guns are on the right side. I would venture to say that the gun without 4150 CM, shot peening, and blah blah actually costs more than the gun that does have these (or other) “elements” of a quality rifle.

To me, the biggest improvement that could be made to the Chart is to have a pre-requisite of first reading the “Explanations”, pass a test, and then you can see the Chart. Then, maybe, just maybe people would then understand…but probably not…

Last edited by ucrt; 11-01-10 at 23:15.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

M4C admission test?

Well that would really make us elitist according to the "other site'. I am all for there being some form of learning curve before allowed to continue. On that note as in all things and products there is the correct way and the incorrect way, or the other way. The "Chart" simply is the information so you can go about things the correct way. If you don't and learn later, well there is info to correct your product, just be sure to correct your attitude. M4C is for learning not "puffing up" when your incorrect choice is outed and you think we are questioning your manhood.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    This thread has been great so far. Almost everyone is defensive and attacks if anyone slightly disagrees with them. That just makes them "chart haters" now. I think the gun lube needs to go around a few necks. Might help the head pop out of a certain place. Rob great chart and great follow up post on how to improve your Rifle. I think people on both sides of the chart need to take off the blinders.

iPhone post excuse the sloppiness of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    Actually, all it proves is that you suck at reading.

This forum clearly does not condemn people for buying sub-par carbines, and in fact, most of the high post count membership advocates fixing the gun you have versus selling and buying new, in most cases.

Your straw man, ad hominem attacks are what are out of line. You and seacoastnh obviously have not done a good job of reading the forum prior to attacking "the chart". Heck, you haven't even read and understood the posts a few before yours that broke down that "the chart" is not the end-all, be-all.

What this thread is about is the periodic waves of mouth-breathers who are obviously lack the ability to read, understand and apply the knowledge that some pretty talented folks offer for free on this web-site.

Is there a tendency for some of the newly converted and less erudite to just respond with "BCM good, Bushmaster bad!"? Yes, there is. However, I would guess that even those who realize their BM is a piece of shit and "make it work" have much, much more into their still marginal carbine then they would have if they bought the best carbine available.
    My oh my you stamp a seal on my point every time you post. We're going to be great friends.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I see that the "chart haters" have low post counts. This shows me that they need to research this forum quite a bit more and they will quickly see that this forum does NOT beat up on the "non chart" manufacturer's, they simply show proof as to why they would not defend their lives or the lives of others with that specific "non chart" rifle. Ignorance is not an excuse or proof that ........... Well, see the thread title.
    I think depending your life on what a manufacture says they do to a Rifle is pretty bold.

Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast