Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SHTF traffic discouragement

Feedback Score
    My plan is a pissed off Postal Worker with an AK behind a stock gate across the road.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I have thought about this and I think one of the best lo-viz ways would be to use "road stars" on a chain. Easy to make and easy to transport. You can also deploy them fast and it does not have to be a permeate item in the road.
    Blocking a road is a lot like locking up a building. The (b)locks are mainly a deterrent meant to slow down casual bad guys.

While road stars are awesome, I'd think twice before flattening all 4 tires on some random BG's vehicle. Especially if it were near my home. I'd be much more inclined to drop a few strategic tree trunks, or even round up some orange cones and barrels to make it look official in a sort of road construction way.

Seriously. Throw up a big old DOT "ROAD CLOSED AHEAD" sign and most people would turn back without thinking twice.

If you put up a bunch of ninja shit instead, somebody might guess there's a reason why the road is closed in such a high speed fashion.
    Last edited by kartoffel; 10-25-11 at 16:28.
    Oh no, not another lube thread! Read this first: Lubrication 101.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by greatnw View Post
    There are some interesting articles/guides out there about "Defensive Landscaping".
    Big. Ass. Boulders. Space them just far enough apart that a car or truck won't fit through.

Also, I really want a bunch of Hescos. But my wife would kill me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Do you really want vehicles stopping in and around your home in that type of situation due to a "road blockage".... unless its a cul-de-sac or a gated type community with only 1 or 2 ways in and out, I would rather just keep traffic moving without alerting them to my position.

I can understand bridge disablement to keep large amounts of traffic at bay, but I think it would be better to plant strategic road blocks a few miles or more away possibly at larger intersections, as if that road is entirely closed... however I would do this in the utmost "secretive" manner, as in; bust open some type of water line to flood the road way or cave it in somewhere if possible (maybe taking out a storm drain or 2), anything to make it look like it is legitimately closed by the powers that be. If its just a sign or a log in the way... I'm more than sure a few gomers are gonna figure something ain't right and come 'a lookin'.... just my .02
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    Do you really want vehicles stopping in and around your home in that type of situation due to a "road blockage".... unless its a cul-de-sac or a gated type community with only 1 or 2 ways in and out, I would rather just keep traffic moving without alerting them to my position.
    I pictured it more for people in rural areas blocking private driveways/roads. I agree if your on anything other then a private road type situation probably not good to draw attention to your postion with fortress type blockages. Although if you could make it look natural I think it's worth the trouble.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Nevermind - I see this is a permanent semi/permanent roadblock discouragement thread.

Some steel fence post pickets and a little bit of spot welding can go along way.

Last edited by Javelin; 10-25-11 at 19:26.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kartoffel View Post
    Also, I really want a bunch of Hescos. But my wife would kill me.
    Agreed. who needs a bomb shelter, just build Hesco's around your house

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfgk14 View Post
    Agreed. who needs a bomb shelter, just build Hesco's around your house
    Hell yea. I want a bunch of Hescos too. Stack 2 high all the way around my house about 30ft out and I'd be happy.....until those damn Tremors came crawling thru.... Bastard giant worms....
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just curious, has anyone seriously done "home landscaping" with HESCO's?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    .until those damn Tremors came crawling thru.... Bastard giant worms....

Graboids! We'll name them Graboids!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast