Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new rail

Feedback Score

Question Looking for a new rail

Evenin' Gents!

I am looking to try out a new rail, but cannot decide between three M-LOK rails. Rifle is a DDM4 with a RIS II FSP in FDE. I am trying to decide between the DD MFR, Geissele MK14 and the new Troy SOCC Battle Rail and was hoping from some input from all of you. I know they are all great brands so almost comes down to possibly looks-preference, but was hoping some of you may have had experience between them. Thanks a bunch!
    On a side note; I am slowly upgrading my rifle, so I am also debating on barrel length staying at my current 16" with carbine gas system, or go 16" with a mid or 14.5" with a mid (pin/welded). Sort of irrelevant to the rail question but I will probably end up bothering you all about it sometime soon lol.
    "Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company." - George Washington

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Geissele.

/thread

Also, if you want to sell your RIS II, please PM me................

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Yeah, I would keep the gun as is and build a second rifle in mid gas with with mk14. RIS is sweet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    Yeah, I would keep the gun as is and build a second rifle in mid gas with with mk14. RIS is sweet.
    I wish but the wife is not amiable to such things at the moment (more than one AR; doesnt make sense to her lol)
    Also just did some reading up on Troy; had no idea about what went down. Was curious after seeing so many "**** troy" comments.
    So yeah, pretty sold on the Geissele (including ease of installation) but idk why I still have a curiosity about the DD and now BCM has their MLOK...
    As for selling the RIS II, its a good possibility.
    "Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company." - George Washington

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkayus View Post
    I wish but the wife is not amiable to such things at the moment (more than one AR; doesnt make sense to her lol)
    Also just did some reading up on Troy; had no idea about what went down. Was curious after seeing so many "**** troy" comments.
    So yeah, pretty sold on the Geissele (including ease of installation) but idk why I still have a curiosity about the DD and now BCM has their MLOK...
    As for selling the RIS II, its a good possibility.
    Keep the Centurion Arms and the BCM in mind as well. I'm assuming that you are wanting to go lighter weight, and either of those rails would do that nicely.

You can always trade your current rail for what you want, and probably get some cash or some extras out of it as well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    BCM MLOK with Centurion Arms MLOK covers in place.

Geissele MLOK rail with Magpul covers in place.

Centurion Arms MLOK rail naked

Prototype Centurion Arms MLOK rail with Magpul MLOK panels.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    My vote would be the Geissele if money were no object.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Geissele or Centurion
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Depends on what you're doing.

Using a laser? Get a Geissele or Wedgelock. They are the most rigid rails on the market which is a must to keep a laser zeroed with minimal deflection.

If not you can save some weight by going with a BCM or Centurion.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 10-22-17 at 02:47.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    IMO, just leave your rifle how it is and shoot the piss out of it, unless you have a pressing need. "Looks" don't qualify as a pressing need for me.

If you want something lower profile for weight savings and ergonomics (less cheese grater like) the Noveske or BCM keymod or m-lol rails work fine.

My son has the Geissele on one of his rifles, and though it is obviously a high quality part, the end of the rail at the receiver surrounding the Q/D seems pretty sharp to me, and I handle my rifles from that point pretty often. YMMV.

(Edit: leave your barrel alone. There's no need to "upgrade" your DD carbine 16" barrel. Just go shoot)
    Last edited by MisterHelix; 10-22-17 at 08:28.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast