Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Silencerco Trifecta MAAD Mount - Personal Experiences

Feedback Score
    I have a Saker awaiting form 4 approval and after reading this thread I decided to see if they would swap out the mount for the ASR version. I sent Silencerco and email and they replied back the same day saying they would be happy to swap the Saker mount and muzzle device for the ASR mount and muzzle device and to just mail it to them with a note regarding what I wanted them to be replaced with. I am also interested in getting a Specwar 556K and maybe an Omega in the future so this will help keep things simple.

Just figured I would post some first hand information to any of you with a Saker waiting on a stamp or for those who are on the fence about the Saker and concerned about the mount. Also, Kudos to Silencerco for their customer service!

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I haven't had any issues with the MAAD mount since SiCo sent a replacement. I'm glad because I really like how it works. I'm always sure to double check to ensure that mount is properly seated before locking it down, and as long as the peddles engage it ain't going anywhere, hence no flying cans. No issues with my can getting stuck from carbon lock. No plans to replace the MAAD at this point.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My form 1 stamp got emailed to me yesterday. Called ATF NFA Branch on Thursday and my Saker 762 has been approved and the stamp should arrive at my FFL/SOT in about two weeks.

I stayed with the MAAD going with a Saker 249 by BE Meyers and a muzzle brake. Going to employ anti seize as a mount lube. I'll advise once i get the can.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have never had an issue with the Trifecta MAAD combo with my Saker 762. I do tend to use Aeroshell 33MS grease with it, however. Not sure how much it helps since I've run it without with no problems but I bought a whole tube some time back so why not use it.

Also, their customer service is awesome. I have 2 unused mounts (that I bought more than a year ago) on the why back to them right now to be exchanged for different mounts I need for my current AR project.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just picked up my Saker 762 today, with the MAAD mount. I'll be interested to see how this performs on the range.
    Defensive firearms training in the Upper Midwest
    www.qsitraining.net

Feedback Score
    This past Saturday the 7th I decided to take my 14.5" piston down to the local indoor. This is the first time I would be shooting it since putting it together. After we got the ACOG sighted in and fired a few mags we decided time for the can. I've had my Saker 762 with the MAAD mount. since fall of 2014 I've put around 1k rounds of 55gr through it, AE/ PMC usually. My buddy had used threaded cans before but was new to the MAAD QD design. It was a quiet range day so you could hear the ratchet as much as you could feel it. You could also see and hear the final click as the teeth locked onto the trifecta flash hider.

I signed up my first shot, fired, saw it it, didn't feel any gas blast back in my face. I did hear an unusual pressure relief sound and notice this dark shadow flying through the air it reminded me of a torpedo being launched off of a PT Boat back in the day. The light clicked in my head right around the time that it was bouncing and then impacted the base of the rear wall. The RSO shutdown the tame and retried the can. After further inspection I saw no baffle strik. I did notice that the hider had some glossy edges to them but nothing extreme like some of the pictures I've noticed. I hung my head and decided to call it quits for the day.

I found this thread after one Google search of "Silencerco MAAD mount failure". Go figure this thread popped up immediately. While the issue did occur on my first shot I feel confident saying I did install the can fully on the flash hider and felt it fully engage as well as visually seeing it. I felt confident enough to call Silencerco yesterday and spoke to Steven. I told him the story and he said it sounds like my MAAD mount has failed, it has happened before but is not common at all. He offered to send me a new mount or for me to send my unit in. I requested the RMA so they could look it over and ensure no permanent damage was done. I asked him about staying with the trifecta or going to the ASR. He told me that the ASR is a superior design but if the can needs to be under a rail it's not feasible. I for one don't have mine buried so I'm good to go. I inquired about my other hiders on other uppers and was told to send them in as well and they will swap them out at no cost.

All in all while it was something I never want to experience again I'm sure glad Silencerco has the customer service they do and is standing behind their product. I'll buy again.
    Last edited by nastorino8; 05-10-16 at 17:02.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I was wrong. I gambled and lost on the MAAD Saker mount. The ratchet mechanism failed with the can on the mount after about 60 rounds. It began to spin freely for multiple revolutions without releasing the teeth.

Had to remove the muzzle device with the mount still attached, after i removed the can from the adapter.

One short call to SiCo and they had an ASR adapter and two ASR muzzle devices of my choosing on the truck to me, no questions asked and many apologies issued. Didn't even ask for my can serial number. Steve at SiCo customer service hit it out of the park with outstanding CS. We talked shop about suppressors and shooting for a bit after handling business. It was a pleasure speaking with him.

I'm dismayed at the Saker mount, but SiCo has secured my next few can purchases.

Bottom line: i should have listened to others and gotten the ASR system from the start. There's my mea culpa.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 05-12-16 at 11:57.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I was wrong. I gambled and lost on the MAAD Saker mount. The ratchet mechanism failed with the can on the mount after about 60 rounds. It began to spin freely for multiple revolutions without releasing the teeth.

Had to remove the muzzle device with the mount still attached, after i removed the can from the adapter.

One short call to SiCo and they had an ASR adapter and two ASR muzzle devices of my choosing on the truck to me, no questions asked and many apologies issued. Didn't even ask for my can serial number. Steve at SiCo customer service hit it out of the park with outstanding CS. We talked shop about suppressors and shooting for a bit after handling business. It was a pleasure speaking with him.

I'm dismayed at the Saker mount, but SiCo has secured my next few can purchases.

Bottom line: i should have listened to others and gotten the ASR system from the start. There's my mea culpa.
    Yup that sucks. But you've made a good point that I think got missed for part of the thread. The way SiCo handled the situation after the fact is what has covinced me I need a specwar 556k; just in case something goes awry I know its covered. A few weeks ago I was able to meet my shop's SiCo rep and he was helpful in every way possible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    Yup that sucks. But you've made a good point that I think got missed for part of the thread. The way SiCo handled the situation after the fact is what has covinced me I need a specwar 556k; just in case something goes awry I know its covered. A few weeks ago I was able to meet my shop's SiCo rep and he was helpful in every way possible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Same positive experience with their customer service for me, which resulted in the immediate purchase of a specwar 556k and octane 9. Debating an Omega right now, too.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think I am one of the few who has never had any MAAD/Trifecta issues. But I have had wonderful customer service experiences with them in exchanging unused mounts for different versions. I expect that if I ever do have MAAD issues, they will be resolved promptly and fully.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast