Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Silencerco Trifecta MAAD Mount - Personal Experiences

Feedback Score
    I am glad I found this thread. I have 4 Trifecta hosts and I'm waiting for stamp for Saker. Sounds like the general consensus is to swap out to the ASR.

Feedback Score
    That would be my recommendation. It's unfortunate because you then lose the ability to put the can under a rail without having to remove portions or even the entire rail to mount or dismount. Luckily I do not have any of my hiders buried under a rail so it does not affect me. 250-300 rounds with my ASR since switching it and no issues.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    At this point I figure it's worth noting that I gave up on SiCo mounts all together and went with the Dead Air Kymo adapter. The ASR worked well at keeping the can on but I noticed that whenever I turned the locking collar after shooting that the can had loosened to the point of unthreading as I turned the collar. I still love the suppressor body itself and am considering a Saker K but will be replacing the included ASR MAAD with a Kymo.
    Can you clarify this?
    My experience, to see if this is what you're saying: I turn the locking collar, and at the point the clasps come free of the mount's teeth, the suppressor begins to spin free. I didn't think this was an issue so long as it doesn't spin free while fully seated with the lock engaged. Does this with each can

Regardless, as much as I'd like a reliable compression mount, I can't justify throwing more money down the SiCo rabbit hole.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thei3ug View Post
    Can you clarify this?
    My experience, to see if this is what you're saying: I turn the locking collar, and at the point the clasps come free of the mount's teeth, the suppressor begins to spin free. I didn't think this was an issue so long as it doesn't spin free while fully seated with the lock engaged. Does this with each can

Regardless, as much as I'd like a reliable compression mount, I can't justify throwing more money down the SiCo rabbit hole.
    You have the jist of it I think. If what you're saying is true then it ultimately came down to personal preference as to why I left ASR. I have noticed though that none of my shop's Omegas do that on our rental long guns. If it's ultimately a Saker thing then that's just a bummer. As for dumping money down the SiCo rabbit hole I already have my eyes set on a Sandman-S, which at that point it made sense to convert everything over to Keymount for consistency.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thei3ug View Post
    Can you clarify this?

After I started using anti seize, this phenomenon ceased for me. I tighten until contact is made and then add a little pressure. Then I lock the ring.

Mine always come off easily, but require the same amount of extra twist to get the sealing surfaces to disengage.

YMMV
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I've been a strong proponent of ASR after having so many issues with the Trifecta MAAD on my saker 762. The ASR mount on my saker has worked very well.

Unfortunately I haven't had quite the same experience with my specwar 556k. The can has been back to silencerco twice because the locking ring is so loose that it spins while firing, until it's unlocked (takes about 5 shots), and then the can itself starts to unthread. I can tweak the ASR spring so it's incredibly difficult to lock, but after a couple shots the teeth settle into the knurling and the tension is relieved. Most recently I had a bullet brush the end cap, leaving a streak of copper, and only realize the can had loosened on the mount because the bullet impact was off to the side.

My saker also does the same thing as thei3ug describes, where during removal the locking ring only spins about 2/3 to the unlocked position before the can starts to unthread. Not always, but sometimes.

Anyway, I now have a dead air key-mo on my saker and a couple flash hiders, and will be giving those a try to see well they work once they get some serious use.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    After I started using anti seize, this phenomenon ceased for me. I tighten until contact is made and then add a little pressure. Then I lock the ring.

Mine always come off easily, but require the same amount of extra twist to get the sealing surfaces to disengage.

YMMV
    Anti seize on the asr locking collar?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    Anti seize on the asr locking collar?
    Sorry, I'll clarify. Never on that, but on the beveled/taper sealing surfaces of the mount and can.

EDIT and on the can threads/mount threads. A little anti seize goes a LONG way.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 02-28-17 at 20:42.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Sorry, I'll clarify. Never on that, but on the beveled/taper sealing surfaces of the mount and can.

EDIT and on the can threads/mount threads. A little anti seize goes a LONG way.
    What anti seize are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    What anti seize are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Motorcraft XL-2 nickel based anti seize. But I imagine any quality nickel based anti seize will do.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast