Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going crazy with first SBR build questions-10.5/11.5/12.5?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Having a 7.5", 8", 10.5", 11.5", 14.5" and a 16". I always reach for the 10.5 or 11.5. I love the size with or without a can.

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Sarah;1448841]

this is my first SBR and I want to do it right, I dont' mind paying for quality but don't want to overpay. I'd much rather spend $$$ on getting the best set up for me than on dumb shoes, clothes and handbags
    AWESOME!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If you are counting ounces. I think the centurion arms rails are the lightest to fit a standard barrel nut. They are nice rails too.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    If you are counting ounces. I think the centurion arms rails are the lightest to fit a standard barrel nut. They are nice rails too.
    Even compared to Troy Alpha tubes?

Not being sarcastic, genuinely curious.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have a 10.3 and a 12.5 sbr. When I did my 10.3 I wanted to go as short as possible. I also have an AAC Mini4. The rifle is nice and short and runs 100% with and without the can.
    I built the 12.5 after selling an upper that I did not use anymore. I find myself going to the 12.5 much more than the 10.3 for two reasons.
    1.) The 12.5 is much more accurate.
    2.) The 12.5 is much quieter and has virtually zero flash with the Mini4 attached.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post

I'd much rather spend $$$ on getting the best set up for me than on dumb shoes, clothes and handbags

What is wrong with a good pair of duty boots, BDUs, and range bags?!!?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Sarah;1448841]

Well I don't know what I'd be compensating for....I'm a 100lb chick with more than adequate rack LOL.

I stand corrected. Sorry and thank you

Looks like you're being lead down the right path though, and leaning towards the idea:

10.5<11.5>12.5

Good luck, have fun piecing it together, and happy shooting
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    What is wrong with a good pair of duty boots, BDUs, and range bags?!!?
    Oh I have some great duty boots...one set in black, one in tan, a few nice BDU's and about 5 different colored range bags, about 5 belts, (and no not anything is pink, I DETEST anything pink and will not wear or shoot anything pink LOL)
    SS

"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." -Daniel Boone

"You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    BCM 11.5" BFH (Or a Centurion 11.5") is solid, stick with that.

Handguard - the DD 9.0 Lite is good if you want rails on all four (lighter than the TROY bravo equivalent).
    The TROY/VTAC Extreme is among the lightest handguard options, but...
    The Noveske NSR 9.0 is going to be even lighter than that. I'd go VTAC if you don't want the keymod setup (my 9.0 VTAC-X SBR is very light).

Rainier did have a really good price on the AAC Mini4 22 cal can (I think it was just under 7 bills), so that might be the can to look at value wise if you're after a light, functional dual stamper. That setup would be the same overall length as a Mk18 (10.5" Bbl) with a full size can, but it would run a bit lighter for sure. It'll run just fine with an A2FH until you get the Form 4 Stamp in for the can (in pistol or SBR form) and be a really light rifle.

Next details are what stock, grip, and weaponlight configuration you're going to want to run (pretty much assuming Aimpoint T-1 on LT/ADM/DD lower 1/3 mount)?
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    I'd get a KAC 11.5'' SBR, and stick a SYRAC gas block on it. Then you get the ambi lower, and E3 bolt.

Maybe stick the LMT Enhanced carrier in it anyway for good measure, along with VLTOR A5 system.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast