Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasonable Gun Control Laws

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    I'd like to know the actual real statistics of violent gun crimes committed in California before and after their ludicrous anti-gun laws were originally passed.....

I'd like to see what actual perceived benefit they believe to have attained by not allowing NFA items or assault weapon with removeable mags or just hi-cap mags in general and so on and so forth....

I would wager a unicorns a dick that crime has increased despite their radical approach to gun control

Crimes can only occur when you do not allow those who are targeted, to defend themselves if the situation should so arise....

does anyone have any credible before and after gun crime stats? that would prove one way or the other?
    When you bring up California I can't help but think about the whole border war/guns thing. Is touted that gun shows, "assault weapon" availability, etc are the culprits but California which has banned private sales, requires a waiting period, "assault weapon" ban, etc ranks up there as one of the major players of US guns seized in and around Mexico and is one of the targets of that Demand Form requiring the reporting of multiple long gun sales.
    Luck is awesome. The more proficient you are at what you do the luckier you seem to be.

Do what you love and love what you do.

Shooter and survivalist by hobby.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    A fine one to talk about someones inability to read, given I have never said that a campaign should be started to put guns into the hands of felons and the unstable. What I am saying is that not everyone is bad and deserves to have rights stripped for away forever on something so broad. Given I am a LEO, I see plenty of shit bags that should not be trusted with a paperclip, but I also see good people that screwed up or were wrongly prosecuted and do not deserve their rights to be stripped for life. Also in the right political climate you might find yourself in one of the two categories and still be the decent person you are currently. But hey you can sit in your smug all knowing arrogance and tell others how wrong or fringe they are. Personally I like Heidevolk's post:
    Fair enough, I meant to write nonviolent felons since you only included violent felons in the category of those who should lose their right to own a gun. I still think that's insane because there are lots of nonviolent felonies which are very serious and there is no reason to allow those convicted of such felonies access to guns.

Maybe we could agree that a process should exist (which it does in many states unless I am wrong) to reinstate the rights of a convicted felon based on the severity of the crime, their record prior, and their record since. But this is still a subjective process and more bureaucracy has rarely been a good solution. As I stated originally and most of you ignored, I know there are some (very few as a percentage) who got screwed and didn't deserve it; and yes, I realize that there is a very, very small chance that it could happen to me someday. I still stand by eliminating those laws which screw over good people with an unfair felony. I know it is a time and capital intensive process but it seems like a good fight to take on.

Putting guns in the hands of convicted felons still bothers me but I do agree that there may be some nonviolent felons who were prior to conviction and are now good people and got screwed over by some silly law and/or prosecutor.

So maybe we can find a point of agreement.

Feedback Score

''gun laws''

or laws on guns ..its never the the gun's fault but the mind set of who pulls the trigger ...evil is in the mind without respect of other's rights ,this is true with laws as well ...the same evil can be done with bad laws -both are action against rights and freedom ..
    "It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesmith View Post
    I am also interested in seeing the evidence behind such as case. Does anyone else know if a case where a single incident of a parts breakage caused a prosecution for a class 3 weapon. Provided that the owner did not continue to use said weapon or attempt to take advantage to the breakage, such a case would be a serious miscarriage of justice.
    Not the same case, but nearly identical from what I can tell. This was huge news a while ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EGy5lpy9GY

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Before you made this misinformed post- did you do any other background reading?

1. He was knowingly purchased a full auto parts kit and installed it in the weapon.

2. The weapon in fact "doubled" previously under his watch and yet he still allowed someone else to use it.

3. He knew what he was doing and played with fire- subsequently he got burned.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Not the same case, but nearly identical from what I can tell. This was huge news a while ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EGy5lpy9GY

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post

1. He was knowingly purchased a full auto parts kit and installed it in the weapon.

2. The weapon in fact "doubled" previously under his watch and yet he still allowed someone else to use it.

I think he was imprisoned for purchasing an Oly Arms in the first place....
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post

No, I did not know any of that. I saw this when it was hot shit on another forum and never read any of that. I've read a bit about it but not until AFTER you posted did I see there WERE in fact m16 fcg parts involved.

Thank you for correcting me, as all that makes perfect sense.

Disregard my previous post. Looks like I better research more before posting - DOH!

Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    I think he was imprisoned for purchasing an Oly Arms in the first place....
    lol
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-26-12 at 16:20.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    There's a man reading this thread right now, one of my best friends, who is a is a felon now because of a broken 1911 disconnector.
    Bullshit! Every time someone comes up with one of these stories there is way more shady details involved than a single broken part on a semiautomatic weapon and a single burst of automatic fire.

Post up the case information and prove me wrong and I will gladly apologize, but until then I won't buy into this same old story that gets told on gun forums all the time. It always turns out to be a bullshit tale or some dumbass that got caught with his modified weapon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    ...But that brings up a good question.

Are there any reasonable gun control laws?...
    IMHO, I consider the law making it illegal for convicted VIOLENT felons to be in possession of a firearm reasonable. Other than that, I can't think of any other gun control law that I could even consider as "reasonable".
    Last edited by CarlosDJackal; 03-26-12 at 19:42.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    NFA items such as MGs and DD/AOW stuff I can absolutely see a need for - and I'm even for an equivalent background check for suppressors (but a lower cost tax stamp, since it's a hearing preservation issue for many).

As for the rest RR is right the f**k on. Seat belt laws are retarded - but now wearing seat belts is for retards, and parents who do not seat belt in their minor dependents should be regarded as negligent. That's just one self-contained rant from one of the many points brought up, the same minor impingement on liberty is identical in logic to one that means absolute tyranny - the only difference is time and apathy.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast