Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Officer fired for scared straight style policing.

Feedback Score

Officer fired for scared straight style policing.

This has been making the rounds lately and am wondering what y'alls take on it is. I think the kid learned a valuable lesson that day and that officer's heart was in the right place, although procedurally the stop might be questionable.

I'm not looking to start a flame war just a discussion of the merits of the stop.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/soci...-with-teenager

Last edited by An Undocumented Worker; 01-21-18 at 09:09.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Short man syndrome.

Nothing constructive at play.

He would have "menaced" them more by playing it straight with a detached "Your docs are in order. Drive safe, arrive alive."

There's enough stuff to do in a day than mess with shitass kids.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Officer Sanders literally did nothing wrong.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Officer Sanders literally did nothing wrong.
    I respectfully disagree.

He had 3 units out on a BS go-nowhere stop just because he got his feewings hurt.

I have mentally appropriated F the Police as an anthem in the vein of "Save a horse, Ride a cowboy".

He also threatened to Anthrax the school he worked at because they weren't happy with how he was around kids and staff.

Were I in his squad and I got called from my Mr. Pibb and ghetto just to see some Chief Wiggum looking fool curse out a couple of dumnbass kids doing dumbass kid shit; oh we most certainly wpuld have had choir practice in the woodline.

Like..

Anyways, hopefully Mr Sanders has gotten his GA POST pulled. Still a few malls needing security guards

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Sanders is a bitch and is an example of what is wrong with policing today. Hope he enjoys working store security and it won't surprise me to see him on YouTube losing that job also.
    Not to be misunderstood, the vast majority of cops are awesome and do a great job. I'm not sure why these turds are tolerated.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    he did not do anything wrong and kid most likely need a butt kicking but was a stupid thing to do cause it backfired

all he is going to do is give other cops a bad name and it was not appropriate which is the problem plain ol bad judgement
    he should have taken time to throw some hoops or whatever they do with kids than talk with him like that ? but I also do not know all the back story of both people

the other side of me wonders if he has a problem with being a pussy himself and cant stand to be called a pig (toughen up dude) maybe he needs to loose a few lbs and has some self issues ? he should know kids say stupid stuff and sadly LEO should be so so so so far above what some kid says to them that it does not even come into the conversation
    sounds like that kid has some history though so maybe just wait till he messes up cause it sounds like he will anyway BUT now its going to be under more scrutiny if he does

most likely kinda knew they had to cut him loose
    sadly kids are punks these days and need a butt kick but only do it when they are truly doing crimes not screaming out the window ? or let the parents do it ?

dumb kid and dumb cop = dumb video
    Last edited by Honu; 01-21-18 at 10:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good firing, pretty clear cut Title 18 violation.
    Last edited by Nightvisionary; 01-21-18 at 11:47.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would imagine that this was not what got him fired, it is what finally got him fired.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The guy went looking for professional trouble and found it. He had other issues as noted in the article. Anger issues and apparent self control issues. Do you really want that guy interacting with your kids? I sure as shit do not. If I was his boss, I’d have fired him after he threatened to blow up a school and not waited for the next situation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I would imagine that this was not what got him fired, it is what finally got him fired.
    This, right here. Things like this don't just appear out of thin air. There is often a trail of similar behavior leading up to it.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast