Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Knight's Armament stripped lowers coming soon

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Grant, if possible, it might be helpful if you could update the photo of the stripped lower on your website. Your current photo clearly shows the infamous long trigger guard "ears" that have been the subject of much discussion. It would be great to be able to see if that issue has been corrected on your current batch. Understand that that may cause a concern with opening up a sealed bag from the current run, but I'd personally be comfortable buying one with the bag already opened if that helped me see what I'd be getting. Just a suggestion.

Dave
    Last edited by 3ACR_Scout; 06-09-17 at 14:03.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    Grant, if possible, it might be helpful if you could update the photo of the stripped lower on your website. Your current photo clearly shows the infamous long trigger guard "ears" that have been the subject of much discussion. It would be great to be able to see if that issue has been corrected on your current batch. Understand that that may cause a concern with openin up a sealed bag from the current run, but I'd personally be comfortable buying one with the bag already opened if that helped me see what I'd be getting. Just a suggestion.

Dave
    We just updated the pic.

C4

KAC-LWR2.jpg

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Which side is affected on the older version, mag side or grip side?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Awesome, thanks, Grant!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Which side is affected on the older version, mag side or grip side?
    It's the grip end of the trigger guard, where the two small "ears" protrude forward to form the hinge point on a standard MILSPC trigger guard. I can immediately see in Grant's new photo that this current batch of lowers has the correct, more blunted ears. The earlier run of 170XXX series lowers had ears that are about 50% longer forward of the hinge hole.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Back in stock and this batch looks much cleaner to us.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...tion&key=22360

C4
    DONE!!!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Order placed
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    Awesome, thanks, Grant!

It's the grip end of the trigger guard, where the two small "ears" protrude forward to form the hinge point on a standard MILSPC trigger guard. I can immediately see in Grant's new photo that this current batch of lowers has the correct, more blunted ears. The earlier run of 170XXX series lowers had ears that are about 50% longer forward of the hinge hole.
    Thanks. So it's the size of the ear stopping proper installation not the physical measurement of where the pin hole is located.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Thanks. So it's the size of the ear stopping proper installation not the physical measurement of where the pin hole is located.

KAC customer service will replace your KAC trigger guard with a version that will work if you have an out of spec lower.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Knight's Armament stripped lowers coming soon

I don't have a trigger guard at all at this point. I don't even know if my lower is out of spec as it's still sealed. I'm curious as to what is out of spec on the affected lowers; size of the ear preventing install or hole location is off? Which would affect any trigger guard used.

Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast