Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Representative, several aides shot during baseball practice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    To most gun owners, 200 rounds is a lot, I'm totally serious. A friend and his wife have 3 handguns between them, and they have less than 100 rounds total. That's only because they have two different calibers, .38 and 9mm, and 50 round box of ball and round nose lead cartridges were cheaper than the 20 round premium ammo boxes. Another friend and wife have a shotgun, .38 and .44 mag. They also have less than 100 rounds and that's because I gave him 50 rounds of .44 mag reloads (softer than factory full house load) and I gave him about half a box of 12 gauge shells.
    This is a real exchange between me and a gun-newbie friend. It's more or less word-for-word. I sold the guy a "lower tier" quality AR that I didn't need anymore and thought it would help him get to know the platform before he might plunk down serious money on a "top tier" one with optics, lights, etc:

Me: "This AR comes with X number of magazines. I don't really need it anymore so I'll sell it to your for X amount of money."
    Him: "Well, what if I only take it with one magazine. Then how much would the price be?"
    Me: "I'd drop X amount of dollars off it, but don't you want extra mags? You'll empty them fast at the range."
    Him: "Nah. I just need one. I don't know if I'll ever even shoot it."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    To most gun owners, 200 rounds is a lot.......
    Even though I cannot recall the last time I ONLY had 200 rounds I suppose I see the point.

I guess the larger bell ringing in my head is the fact that the average 'law-abiding citizen' (great movie, BTW) thinks the amount of ammo stashed by this individual is borderline criminal or some type of nutjob indicator.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Him: "Nah. I just need one. I don't know if I'll ever even shoot it."
    LMAO...he's just gonna run around the house at night in his BVD's going "pew, pew, pew..."
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sl4mdaddy View Post
    LMAO...he's just gonna run around the house at night in his BVD's going "pew, pew, pew..."
    LOL. My buddies and I actually used to cruise the gun shows in the little teeny tiny towns in New Mexico because invariably you'd find that rare Ruger revolver or something that had been in somebody's closet unfired for decades. One buddy bought a Ruger Redhawk with a cylinder that had never even been turned and the plastic protective disc was still in place.

That's what I think a lot of people who buy guns do. They rationalize, "Okay, I've got a gun now. I'm good." They look at it like an eppy pen that they only use in an emergency.

Back on topic: maybe if more of these people got their CCW license, learned to shoot, and developed the mindset that a mass shooting can happen ANYWHERE, we might see fewer and fewer of these mass shootings. Let every perp choke on a hail of 9mm vitamins after firing one shot and a lot of these mass shooters would decide to vent their anger elsewhere.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 06-21-17 at 13:34.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sl4mdaddy View Post
    Even though I cannot recall the last time I ONLY had 200 rounds I suppose I see the point.
    I guess the larger bell ringing in my head is the fact that the average 'law-abiding citizen' (great movie, BTW) thinks the amount of ammo stashed by this individual is borderline criminal or some type of nutjob indicator.
    Years ago (pre-2008) some nut shot a federal judge in Chicago and was apprehended soon after (next day or two IIRC). The news media was blasting "OMG, he had almost 500 bullets!!!" Guess what, he used a .22 rimfire pistol and pre-2008 that ammo was normally bought by the brick.... 500 rds.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Im just gonna leave this here...No target in mind?!

FBI: Gunman who shot congressman had no target in mind

"WASHINGTON

Adrift and nearly out of money after three months of living out of his van in the Washington area, the gunman who shot a top House Republican and four other people on a Virginia baseball field didn't have any concrete plans to inflict violence on the Republicans he loathed, FBI officials said Wednesday.

James T. Hodgkinson, 66, was shot and killed by police after he opened fire on Congressional Republicans practicing for their annual charity baseball game against Democrats last week. Rep. Steve Scalise of Lousiana, the House majority whip, was struck in the hip and gravely wounded. Scalise remains hospitalized, and his condition was upgraded to fair on Wednesday. All five people who were shot, including two U.S. Capitol police officers, survived their injuries.

At a news conference on Wednesday, FBI officials gave an overview of the evidence they've gathered on Hodgkinson. They said he acted alone and had no connections to terror groups. But they said they had not yet clarified who, if anyone, he planned to target, or why, beyond his animus toward President Donald Trump and the Republicans he felt were ruining the country. It wasn't even clear whether he had prior plans to attack the baseball practice or whether he just happened upon it the morning of June 14, said Tim Slater, who leads the criminal division of the FBI's Washington field office.

"At this point in the investigation, it appears more spontaneous," Slater said.

Hodgkinson had a piece of paper with the names of six members of Congress written on it, Slater said, but the note lacked any further context and there was no evidence from his computer, phone or other belongings that indicated he planned to target those officials. Slater declined to name the officials whose names were on the note or say whether they were Republicans or Democrats or were at the baseball practice. "

http://www.kansascity.com/news/natio...157303969.html
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just a loon who happened by the location at the same time his last non-looney synapse died. Total coincidence. Move along, move along, nothing to see here.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Just a loon who happened by the location at the same time his last non-looney synapse died. Total coincidence. Move along, move along, nothing to see here.
    Yea,OK ! Check out this nut ! http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-got-shot.html There is NO end to the nutty Left ! We have a good share on our side but not like these clowns !

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm totally shocked that the Federal Bureau of Matters cant find a connection between violent political rehtoric being spewed 24/7/365, violent clashes between conservatives and liberals across the country and a guy who hates conservatives, looses his job, moves to a place where he has no support system, lives out of a van, has a list of Republican officials (who he hates) and shoots up a softball practice. Nothing to connect here. Wanna bet the softball practice was an opportunity too good to pass up and he was looking for something/someone else.

Feedback Score
    How many coincidences does it take to make this real...

Must resist saying further... tinfoil not effective.... must resist posting conspiracy

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast