25 3.58%
  • Crye

61 8.73%
  • Vel-Tye

2 0.29%
  • Other

216 30.90%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Plate Carrier Member Survey / Review.

Feedback Score
    Shellback Banshee
    Ceradyne lvl 4 SAP

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Just want to bump this, starting to research some PC options.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    -What plate carrier do you currently use?
    Shellback Banshee.
    -How did you choose this make/model?
    Multiple positive reviews, without one negative review that I could find.
    -Likes/Dislikes? Strengths/weaknesses?
    PROS:
    -Rides high.
    -Compact.
    -Lightweight.
    -Lets you choose to take the cummerbund off.
    -Quality. 1000 cordura, good stitching.
    -Price. Got mine for $122 shipped from SKD.
    CONS:
    -If running with cummerbund, it isn't the fastest PC to take on and off.

Feel free to include picture at your leisure.

This is how it sits right now, but in the very near future I plan on moving the KYWI shorties to a HSGI sure-grip belt, and putting some full sized KYWI's on the Banshee.
    Last edited by HaydenB; 12-22-12 at 13:43.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Just a quick post.

Had a Banshee, easily the worst PC I have ever had. Nearly impossible to keep any stock seated when shooting AR (with hard plates in) - biggest issue I had. Other than that, could not wear it for longer than three or four hours at a time and I wear a vest daily 8+ hrs. Sold it.

I currently have a Tyr BPC. Awesome, well made and zero stock seat or comfort issue. Wore for 8+hrs for 3x days straight with soft backers in front of AR500 steel, zero issues on comfort or otherwise - definitely a keeper.
    Last edited by Voodoo_Man; 12-22-12 at 14:07.

Feedback Score
    My use is a bit different than most here. I'm a civilian, working as a pilot in Afghanistan. I am still waiting for our weapons to be issued to us (soon), but we are issued armor.

-What plate carrier do you currently use?

Mayflower Low Profile Assault Armor Carrier

-How did you choose this make/model?

The plate carrier I was issued was a complete POS. Actually unsafe in my opinion. I needed a lower profile option for use in the cockpit, that would still accept soft armor as well as plates. I also was looking for something that would accept concealable cut armor, as that's what I was provided. Also needed something that didn't restrict my movement, or allow me to get hung up in the cockpit. The Mayflower was the only carrier that met all my requirements.

-Likes/Dislikes? Strengths/weaknesses?

I like that it's light weight and low profile. I also like the capability of using the repair buckles to make a quick attach/detach chest right that clips right onto the carrier. Also really like the the way the plates are contained in the unit. Wish it had a chin guard like the BFG LMAC. Also wish that the front had a kangaroo pouch.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a PIG, modded with the FirstSpear tubes cummerbund, absolutely fantastic set up. The cummerbund takes the PIGs split front and makes it even better by not needing to remove mags to don and doff the PC. I don't have any dislikes with the setup yet, haven't put any plates in it yet, I learned that with the combat pack from Ares Armor, if I load the pack greater than 20ish pounds and have it attached to the PC that it pulls the front panel high up and chokes me out. Simple solution is to just use the normal shoulder straps.

I chose this PC due to the good reviews others gave it and the awesome discount SKD had after the SEALS killed Bin Laden made for a fantastic deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score

HSGI Weesatch; wanted a PC with internal mag pockets
    Pros: It can go from a chest rack to PC with added side plate pockets full body armor. Really comfortable with soft armor and plates in it.
    Dislikes: I hate the giant front plastic quick release buckels, HSGI quoted me $65 sewing to switch them out with Cobra buckles if I supply the buckles, I have and will.
    Last edited by Stukas87; 12-24-12 at 09:10.

Feedback Score
    What plate carrier do you currently use?
    Mayflower APC

How did you choose this make/model?
    I liked the low profile and simplicity of this plate carrier. The reviews were also very good.

Likes/Dislikes? Strengths/weaknesses?
    I like all the internal pouches. I find the top admin pouch a bit difficult to access though. I don't like the vertical straps on the sides on the top. I kinda wish they were horizontal (I don't plan on using the chest rigs). I do like the shoulder pads. I have a PIG hydration on the back, and it fits great. I kinda wish it had the hydration tube stays on the shoulder pads like the LBT 6094. Because the color, I have not worn this to work. But I have worn it out shooting for hours on end. It stays in place well, even when running.

also I just ordered a banshee shellback for a active shooter rig for work. When it gets in, I'll review that as well.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elements223 View Post
    What plate carrier do you currently use?
    Mayflower APC

How did you choose this make/model?
    I liked the low profile and simplicity of this plate carrier. The reviews were also very good.

Likes/Dislikes? Strengths/weaknesses?
    I like all the internal pouches. I find the top admin pouch a bit difficult to access though. I don't like the vertical straps on the sides on the top. I kinda wish they were horizontal (I don't plan on using the chest rigs). I do like the shoulder pads. I have a PIG hydration on the back, and it fits great. I kinda wish it had the hydration tube stays on the shoulder pads like the LBT 6094. Because the color, I have not worn this to work. But I have worn it out shooting for hours on end. It stays in place well, even when running.

also I just ordered a banshee shellback for a active shooter rig for work. When it gets in, I'll review that as well.
    I'm interested to hear how they compare. Definitely keep us updated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stukas87 View Post

HSGI Weesatch; wanted a PC with internal mag pockets
    Pros: It can go from a chest rack to PC with added side plate pockets full body armor. Really comfortable with soft armor and plates in it.
    Dislikes: I hate the giant front plastic quick release buckels, HSGI quoted me $65 sewing to switch them out with Cobra buckles if I supply the buckles, I have and will.
    Stuka, is that a pig hydration carrier?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast