Thread: CCI/Speer Lawman 5.56

Feedback Score

CCI/Speer Lawman 5.56

How is this rifle ammo for practice in an AR? Any problems at all feeding, dirty, etc?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seang View Post
    How is this rifle ammo for practice in an AR? Any problems at all feeding, dirty, etc?
    From what I understand, if it is the blue box stuff, it is basically repackaged xm193. I've heard the same mixed range reports. I've never shot it, but I looked at some of the 20 rd. boxes a while back in a store. It was lake city brass. Looked just like the federal stuff. It was cleaner and packaged a bit nicer, though. Given that I haven't been able to go shooting in weeks due to the ammo shortage, I would not hesitate to buy some, if the price were reasonable. Have you found a good price on some? If so, wanna hook a brother up?

Feedback Score

Lightbulb SPEER Lawman M193 Lake City 5.56MM 55 Gr. FMJ BT

Quote Originally Posted by mechelaar View Post
    From what I understand, if it is the blue box stuff, it is basically repackaged xm193. I've heard the same mixed range reports. I've never shot it, but I looked at some of the 20 rd. boxes a while back in a store. It was lake city brass. Looked just like the federal stuff. It was cleaner and packaged a bit nicer, though. Given that I haven't been able to go shooting in weeks due to the ammo shortage, I would not hesitate to buy some, if the price were reasonable. Have you found a good price on some? If so, wanna hook a brother up?
    Lawman is M193, not XM193. See the below quote taken from an ammo web site product desription.

"This is 5.56 Speer Lawman Lake City M193 55gr. FMJ ammo. This ammo was manufactured by Lake City in 2008 and is manufactured to U.S. Military M-193 specs. This is considered to be the best 5.56 55gr. ammo money can buy. It is brass cased, boxer primed, and 100% non-corrosive. It is packed in Speer Lawman Law Enforcement 20rd boxes, 500rds per case. "

As for the hook up, look at the for sale forum here on M4C.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The 08 Lawman was very nice looking ammo. The 09 I just got is definitely sloppy old XM193.

It looks rough and had a bent round in the box. It's also back in the rough looking NATO brass, as opposed to the 08 stuff that was in "L C O 8" brass.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Zero View Post
    Lawman is M193, not XM193. See the below quote taken from an ammo web site product desription.

"This is 5.56 Speer Lawman Lake City M193 55gr. FMJ ammo. This ammo was manufactured by Lake City in 2008 and is manufactured to U.S. Military M-193 specs. This is considered to be the best 5.56 55gr. ammo money can buy. It is brass cased, boxer primed, and 100% non-corrosive. It is packed in Speer Lawman Law Enforcement 20rd boxes, 500rds per case. "

As for the hook up, look at the for sale forum here on M4C.
    My bad. Just repeating information I read here. I think they came to the conclusion in this thread, https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=234969, that it was, in fact, repackaged xm193.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mechelaar View Post
    My bad. Just repeating information I read here. I think they came to the conclusion in this thread, https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=234969, that it was, in fact, repackaged xm193.
    Interesting link. If it is not rejects or defective and is overrrun, that it should not be XM, but M193 as an ad I posted says.

Either way, very good ammo especially for these days of limited options.

Did MarK M's say FMJ on the box? Or FMJ BT 24459 stock number ?
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Zero View Post
    Did MarK M's say FMJ on the box? Or FMJ BT 24459 stock number ?
    24459 5.56X45mm 55 GR. FMJ

Lot No P 49Z479

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Very good ammo. email sent to get some.

TIA
    Last edited by VooDoo6Actual; 05-31-09 at 20:16.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If I get a chance, I'll snap a pic of the 08 compared to the 09.

Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The 08 Lawman was very nice looking ammo. The 09 I just got is definitely sloppy old XM193.

It looks rough and had a bent round in the box. It's also back in the rough looking NATO brass, as opposed to the 08 stuff that was in "L C O 8" brass.
    Mark, I agree that ammo that I would like to unload is "L C 08" lot # is U 49 W72. It is very clean looking Lake City 08 brass. No photo necessary.
    Cold Zero