Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 Trooper

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by albatros43 View Post
    Sportsman Supply had a couple of these listed on Gunbroker at any given time for a few months. They are no longer listing them and I don't see them in stock anywhere. What is fair market on a new one of these now?

Anytime the main topic of the national MSM is gun control, and the POTUS is pushing for gun control, and people are losing their minds in the most idiotic way over gun control and "assault rifles" and "assault weapons", it can be pretty difficult to nail down "fair market" on an AR type rifle...and that number may change quickly.

Hopefully everybody able was wise enough to heed the recommendations to buy months ago when the market was the best it has ever been.

All that to say, I'd guess fair market is whatever you can find at the moment and if you think it's too high, wait it out and hope for the best.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Sportsman Supply had a couple of these listed on Gunbroker at any given time for a few months. They are no longer listing them and I don't see them in stock anywhere. What is fair market on a new one of these now?
    It's been a while since I've seen one available for under $900.00. Seems to be $950-1,000 is what they are selling for.

As I posted earlier, in my opinion, the Trooper is a great gun when selling at the $700 range. When it's selling in the $950-1,000 range, there are other options such as the CCU that would make me think hard before buying a Trooper.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Ah, gun control and the 'fair' crowd.

Agree that they were deals at $700, but that was back in the last summer / early fall when the glut of guns was enormous and Colt was just trying to move guns.

Times have changed.

Feedback Score
    I picked up One of these up yesterday at my local gun Steeler. when I took the rifle apart all the normal parts were Colt marked except for the bolt carrier. The carrier has no markings on it. it’s missing the usual C on the left side. Anybody else notice this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinx View Post
    I picked up One of these up yesterday at my local gun Steeler. when I took the rifle apart all the normal parts were Colt marked except for the bolt carrier. The carrier has no markings on it. it’s missing the usual C on the left side. Anybody else notice this?
    I think just about all 6920’s are like that now. No C stamped on the carrier, I mean.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    I think just about all 6920’s are like that now. No C stamped on the carrier, I mean.
    this has been my experience, as well.

Feedback Score
    I bought an OEM2 upper from G&R a few months ago and it did have a "C" marked carrier. It did not have the white paint dot on the bolt. However, the bolt was etched with MPC which is a known Colt marking and the extractor had "CE" on the underside, also a known Colt identifier.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post

Took my Trooper out yesterday and noticed this. Any reason for concern?
    I wanted to give an update here. So I sent this to Colt at the beginning of December. I just got it back on Friday. Take it for what it is.
    Last edited by Jewell; 04-17-18 at 15:42.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A lower with a moustache is an oddity, but unless it tickles too much when kissing, I don't think it's a concern.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    I wanted to give an update here. So I sent this to Colt at the beginning of December. I just got it back on Friday. Take it for what it is.
    Okay, are you complaining, or giving us an update on repair times, because that seems to be the same picture you posted in early December, saying you were calling to see about shipping it off.

I noticed later in this thread you posted that you wished uou'd bought another.

So, seriously, what's the deal, did they fix it?

Or did they send it back with 'We make War Horses Not Show Ponies' scrawled on the box with a sharpie?

Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 LastLast