Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Common sense thoughts on what happened in the election

Feedback Score
    Take a real good look at Southern Europe right now. Italy, Portugal, France and Greece.

That is America in 2-5 years...maybe sooner.

Santa Claus won and we cannot win a fight against Santa Claus.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Take a real good look at Southern Europe right now. Italy, Portugal, France and Greece.

That is America in 2-5 years...maybe sooner.
    Without the weather, the islands, or the food.

=
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    “It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.” ― George Washington

This is my thought on what happened last night. The more the people turn from God and the Bible the more our nation will go on the downward spiral. The sad part is many churchs are drifting far away from God and the Bible.
    JOHN 3:16

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crowkiller View Post
    The sad part is many churchs are drifting far away from God and the Bible.
    They have been for quite some time.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crowkiller View Post
    “It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.” ― George Washington

This is my thought on what happened last night. The more the people turn from God and the Bible the more our nation will go on the downward spiral. The sad part is many churchs are drifting far away from God and the Bible.
    While I personally agree, let me moderate this:

As more people turn from the moral values that the Bible teaches, the more our nation will go on a downward spiral.

There are lots of good, fine, moral people, including on M4C, who don't personally believe in God or the Bible. But their lives are in tune with the morality of the Bible. They reject the Bible because they don't believe in God, not because they don't believe in being moral.

Thou shalt not commit murder
    Thou shalt not commit adultery
    Thou shalt not covet
    etc

If they were worded differently, but with the same meaning, these people would whole heartedly agree.

It is not about legislating these: it is about living these and setting the example for others.

So, while I personally agree with you, I think we need to include our brothers and sisters who do not share the religious beliefs, but do share the belief in morality.

-
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Good luck to you guys in blue areas. You are going to need it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Y'all come on down to Texas now, ya hear?

Seriously, move down here.
    I can't believe my county in VA has turned blue. I was shocked. I went to the polls 6 times because the lines were so long. The lady beside me, and basically everyone I spoke to agreed that every other election we just walked in... no waiting. She said she hadn't seen lines like that in 30 years.

Don't think Texas won't turn blue. In fact I would say you are next. They are predicting Texas as a battleground in 8 years. Virginia is done, it's captured for all practical purposes. We would need a massively attractive candidate against their mediocre one. You guys are primed for take over with all the Mexicans local.

@Grant -- don't be too hard on yourself, we know you did all you could... we're all chipping in to buy you a Zombie Hunter T-shirt to cheer you up.

I'll be honest, I said it way back, I would never believe that Obama would loose until I saw all the votes counted and lawyers gone home, but I am somewhat stunned at my county. He is the re-incarnation of P.T. Barnum.

Someone asked me way back about Herman Cain... I just laughed, there is no way the Dems would allow two black men to run. It would divide the black vote. It will be the same for any ethnic looking person with an R next to their name. They will destroy them. They are already planning it I would expect.

I think the conservatives should join forces with the Tea Party. Just form a new party. Bankrupt the Red party, re-structure and come out with a new face. No one is in charge any longer. The business has clearly failed. Invent something new that everyone can be a part of. Still though.. free stuff is hard to beat.

I agree with above as well..Cantor and Boehner are weak

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    While I personally agree, let me moderate this:

As more people turn from the moral values that the Bible teaches, the more our nation will go on a downward spiral.

There are lots of good, fine, moral people, including on M4C, who don't personally believe in God or the Bible. But their lives are in tune with the morality of the Bible. They reject the Bible because they don't believe in God, not because they don't believe in being moral.

Thou shalt not commit murder
    Thou shalt not commit adultery
    Thou shalt not covet
    etc

If they were worded differently, but with the same meaning, these people would whole heartedly agree.

It is not about legislating these: it is about living these and setting the example for others.

So, while I personally agree with you, I think we need to include our brothers and sisters who do not share the religious beliefs, but do share the belief in morality.

-
    Exactly.
    Morals existed well before the Bible. Some of the most honorable and moral men I know are agnostic. Religion is a basic necessity for some and for some not so much. This is pointless for me to even say but would it be better for a person to attend church and fake believing or have people that truly believe? Maybe beating them over the head with the Bible is the reason so many of them have run to the Democrat Party. They accept them while the Republican Party loathes them...unless they get their vote.

It's worth noting that many Democrats are believers and aren't necessarily immoral, they just share the party affiliation for more important reasons to them.

Like how some of us share the same party affiliation with a bunch of big government progressive chickenhawk RINOs.
    Last edited by Waylander; 11-07-12 at 15:19.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question

Who is John Galt?
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like Texas will probably become a swing state in the near future.
    Which is exactly why I want you all to move down here, and make it 12 years.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast