Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: AR Mags

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    The "Extreme Duty" magazine spring available from Ken Elmore at Specialized Armament. Excellent spring.
    Those are the ones I'm talking about. Ken feels his spring combined with a Magpul follower and GI body(he call them by the cage code) is about bullet proof, and thats what I run.

He also feels the Green folloer combined with the Red Spring is alos agood combo, thats not given him problems. I have a case like that, that likely will not see use for awhile.

Bob

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R Moran View Post
    Those are the ones I'm talking about. Ken feels his spring combined with a Magpul follower and GI body(he call them by the cage code) is about bullet proof, and thats what I run.

He also feels the Green folloer combined with the Red Spring is alos agood combo, thats not given him problems. I have a case like that, that likely will not see use for awhile.

Bob
    I'd agree with that.

During his last Colt AC here, Ken passed out bunches of the red springs, and handfuls of his XP green extractor spring. Both are excellent.

I'd wondered about using the red spring in some of the long life mags, like the CP SS and P-Mag, but haven't done any deliberate experimentation. Anyone else?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Never spent an hour reading one thread until today. Thanks to all that contributed.

Keith

Feedback Score
    I'm a die hard USGI with Magpul follower user. I'm also a die hard Magpul supporter.

I ordered one PMAG last week and can't wait to try it, but there are concerns that I have, mainly the spreading of the feed lips.

Thermold overcame this problem and I have 5 that are always loaded for range use that NEVER fail. I think they "Skinned the cat" by putting metal supports in the feed lip area. I would hope that Magpul figures out the same solution because IMHO, there should ne no need for a cap to go on top of the lips to keep them from spreading. Just one more piece to go FUBAR.

Why is this such an issue, and why doesn't magpul figure it out?

Feedback Score
    Thanks you for the kind words. As far as the PMAG feed lips spreading; I've had a PMAG loaded to 30, no snap cover, sitting on my desk for the last eight months. I've checked it several times for spreading by a quick down load of the rounds and a caliper check. No spreading at all. I'd say they have proven zero creeping under constant load for around eight months.

It's been a hellava hump to get over the hump of the "plastic mag" debate or lack of one. In the past they all were/are sub par at best. As time goes on I think the PMAG is going to be very successful and will change minds of some nay sayers. Don't go out throwing away you USGI's though. There are still plenty of funtioning USGI's out there and we like to recycle here in Boulder so use them till they don't work!..........then buy a PMAG to replace.
    Magpul bonehead

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have 16 PMags - I've had them for a bit sitting loaded 24/7 in the Iraqi heat.
    No issues with spreading so far - Rich arranged for me to get the new upgrade bodies (even when I told him that I could not ship the old ones back to him - APO shipping rules) and even when I told him I did not feel I needed them - Magpul just wants to ensure they have the best product out there.

As a former Canadian soldier issued Thermold mags - I have the best reason not to trust Polymer mags (Thermold IMHO NEVER solved the problem) and yet while I retired my G19 in favour of my 1911, and run a M4A1 instead of our issued Sig552 (which has polymer mags too) - I have been extremly pleased with the PMag

Go see the pics I put up about running one over (and back again) with a Armored Suburban. - that mag still runs 4 months after it was run over, and spine cracked a bit -- left loaded as well BTW.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I have 16 PMags - I've had them for a bit sitting loaded 24/7 in the Iraqi heat.
    No issues with spreading so far - Rich arranged for me to get the new upgrade bodies (even when I told him that I could not ship the old ones back to him - APO shipping rules) and even when I told him I did not feel I needed them - Magpul just wants to ensure they have the best product out there.

As a former Canadian soldier issued Thermold mags - I have the best reason not to trust Polymer mags (Thermold IMHO NEVER solved the problem) and yet while I retired my G19 in favour of my 1911, and run a M4A1 instead of our issued Sig552 (which has polymer mags too) - I have been extremly pleased with the PMag

Go see the pics I put up about running one over (and back again) with a Armored Suburban. - that mag still runs 4 months after it was run over, and spine cracked a bit -- left loaded as well BTW.
    Tha canadian Thermolds always had isues because they weren't reinforced in the lip area.

My 5 US made Thermolds as I had stated are loaded 24/7 and have been for 7 years with no lip spreading.

If there isn't an issue with the PMAG lips, why do we need amother piece of plastic to worryabout (the Mag cap). Looking forward to getting mine in the mail anyday to test it out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I used the Black Floor plate to indicate which mags are M995 AP.

I think Magpul offered the top plate as not just a brace - but also a dust cover for long term storage.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post

I used the Black Floor plate to indicate which mags are M995 AP.

I think Magpul offered the top plate as not just a brace - but also a dust cover for long term storage.
    What chest rig is that?

Feedback Score
    Where can you find the Ken Elmore red springs?

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast