Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    It's probably large for pocket carry, so if it has no value to you on the belt, it is what it is.

Other people do see an advantage in thinner guns for on-the-belt carry. This gun is a good thing for them.
    +1.

I'm in formal wear 6 days a week, the mp9c doesn't cut it then in terms of concealability. All other times - yes. when eyes are on me in a fitted suit - no. I've got the cm-9 now since I can wear it in that role, as well as when I jog and in cargo shorts,I can just barely pocket it. I'd trade it in for this newfangled thing if it can be pocketted in cargo shorts....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Nothing is wrong with it (5 groove rifling) if it works...
    Just curious. Using 5 groove rifling isn't all that unusual or weird.

Looks like it's the neatest compact 9mm S&W has come out with since the 3913 Ladysmith
    Last edited by MistWolf; 04-15-12 at 01:49.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stmcelroy View Post
    Since S&W doesn't see it as an issue, I doubt very much things have changed at all from the FS.
    Ahhh, you're right..in order to fix a problem, you first have to admit that you have one...
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stmcelroy View Post
    Since S&W doesn't see it as an issue, I doubt very much things have changed at all from the FS.
    Dupe, sorry,
    Last edited by ralph; 04-15-12 at 07:43.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    If you don't see the point, don't get it. Width matters to some people. A PPS is easier to carry for me than the G26. I expect the same to be true for the Shield.

Normal capacity on the 239 is 8+1 by the way. I don't really see the point of a 239 when compared to a G19 but that's just me.

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    With a "Plus One" extension available from Top Gun Supply the 239 now becomes a 9+1. I agree with the comment about the 239 vs. G19 but I am so heavily invested in the 239 it would cost me a fortune to switch.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Just curious. Using 5 groove rifling isn't all that unusual or weird.

Looks like it's the neatest compact 9mm S&W has come out with since the 3913 Ladysmith
    Have you tried offering him money?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Ahhh, you're right..in order to fix a problem, you first have to admit that you have one...
    I know that quote!! very, very well... heard it over 25 years ago and I still have to remind myself.. daily
    Jack C.
    cleaned up my gun list for Odie, hope this makes you feel better.. is my target ok? I
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am still trying to find a Shield 9mm in stock...these FLEW off the shelves!

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

for those who have one.......

Does it auto-forward like the big ones do?????

TIA

john

PS - sorry if this was already mentioned - I still haven't waded through all of the posts - hot topic:)
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Does it auto-forward like the big ones do?????

TIA

john

PS - sorry if this was already mentioned - I still haven't waded through all of the posts - hot topic
    Huh??? Auto foward?????

Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast